Village Media is looking for an energetic Multimedia Journalist to join our team.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who loves to be first to break a story, and is comfortable covering all sectors including city hall, police services, new businesses, community profiles and everything in between. You should be community-focused, fluent in social media, and driven with creative story ideas that both inform and captivate our readers.
The position will be based in either Timmins or Elliot Lake, Ontario.
- Ability to produce 3 or more concise and informative stories per day, working and filing remotely when needed
- Experience using Content Management Systems
- Social media savvy
- Strong writing skills, familiarity with CP style
- Degree or diploma in journalism
- Strong time-management skills
- Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle
- Willingness and experience taking news photos. Photo editing experience an asset.
About Village Media:
Village Media has a growing media presence across Ontario with news sites SooToday.com, GuelphToday.com, BarrieToday.com, BayToday.ca, TimminsToday.com, and has strategic partnerships with Sudbury.com, TBNewswatch.com in Thunder Bay and the Manitoulin Expositor (manitoulin.ca).
For more information, visit: www.villagemedia.ca
If qualified and interested in applying, please submit your resume and no more than two writing samples by email to email@example.com