COME GROW WITH US!
McDougall Energy Inc. (“McDougall Energy”) is a Canadian, privately owned, family business which has been serving energy customers since 1949. McDougall Energy is a marketer and distributor of heating oil, propane, gasoline, diesel fuel and commercial lubricants, as well as an Esso™ and Shell® branded retailer. McDougall Energy is proud to be named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 10 years in a row, achieving Platinum Member status. Now in its third generation of ownership, the energy company serves communities throughout various regions across Ontario and Western Canada. The company is headquartered in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.
McDougall Energy currently employs over 600 employees across Ontario, British Columbia and Alberta and is continuing to expand in these areas.
Our success is driven by an uncompromising commitment to provide the highest quality customer service to each customer. We recognize that our employees are our most valuable resource and offer the opportunity to contribute to a fast paced and growing organization.
We are looking for an experienced HR Professional with strong leadership skills to join our team in the role of Director, Human Resources. This position reports to the Vice President, Human Resources.
As a senior HR leader, the individual will be responsible to:
- Work closely with Vice President, Human Resources to develop a human resources agenda across the Company that supports key business strategies and initiatives by implementing systems, processes and best practices that are scalable across the organization.
- Lead a department of Human Resources Managers, Recruiter and HR Assistants providing support in recruiting, hiring, onboarding and retention of employees, as well as working through complex employee relations situations.
- Closely monitor and implement strategies to achieve key human resource metrics and goals.
- Develop talent acquisition strategies to meet Company growth and to work closely with functional departments to plan for human resources needs into the future.
- Develop, implement, and maintain a performance review program across the Company.
- Continually research industry and Human Resources trends to ensure the implementation of best practices are aligned with the industry standards.
- Develop, update, and maintain all human resources policies and protocols.
- In collaboration with Legal and Health & Safety Departments, ensure compliance with federal and provincial Employment Standards, Occupational Health & Safety, Human Rights, and Accessibility laws and regulations to mitigate risk.
The ideal candidate will have:
- 7-10 years’ experience working as a Human Resources leader in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in HR related field. CHRL, CHRP or equivalent masters in HR will be considered an asset.
- Experience and knowledge with recruitment and retention strategies for multi-department organization(s).
- Demonstrated experience in change management, budgeting, and employment negotiation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, approachable and engaging at all levels.
- Ability to learn and support company culture and vision through HR strategies.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with urgency and accountability.
- Proficiency working in Microsoft Office.
- The willingness to travel as business needs require.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Compensation
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Company paid Health and Dental Benefits
- Employer Matched RRSP
- Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)
We strongly encourage applications from qualified professionals from a variety of industry backgrounds.
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department.