Job Title Office Administrator
Reports to Minister
Accountable to Ministry & Personnel (M&P) Committee
Emmanuel United Church is an inclusive church. Our building is physically accessible, welcoming people of differing abilities; we are also a recognized ministry of Affirm United which welcomes all gender identities and sexual orientations.
The role of Office Administrator at Emmanuel United church is to welcome all visitors in a professional and respectful manner embodying the inclusive values of the congregation, perform daily clerical duties and annual reporting tasks as well as support the communication avenues within the congregation and community.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Reception and Office Management
• Greet visitors to the church
• Manage telephone and answering machine calls and email and relay information to the appropriate person in a timely fashion
• Handle incoming mail and outgoing mail
• Maintain an up-to-date filing system
• Ensure that requests for office supplies, cleaning supplies for church custodian, and supplies requested by church committees are met
• Provide limited secretarial support to the Minister as directed.
• Act as Secretary to the Official Board (prepare agenda in consultation with Chair, pre-work packages and take minutes at monthly board meetings, congregational meetings and the Annual Meeting)
• Ensure production of the weekly Worship bulletin, in consultation with the Minister
• Monitor and update the congregational Church Hub page, as directed
• Manage bookings for all church facilities, in compliance with current and relevant policies, and keep a schedule of all activities, meetings and other uses of the building
3. Report Preparation and Finance
• Prepare the Annual Report with submissions from the Minister, Board, Groups and Committees
• Input the Annual Statistics Report
• Prepare Sunday Offering sheets for counters and input offerings using the Donation Software Program
• Using current online Donation software program prepare income tax receipts and send to recipients
4. Congregational Support
• Maintain an up-to-date Church Membership Roll
• Act as staff resource to the Membership & Communications Committee and attend meetings as necessary and scheduled
• Manage advertising for church special events/fundraisers (send notices to media, other churches; prepare posters and tickets) based on input from event coordinator
• Maintain communication bulletin board at front entrance
5. Other duties as negotiated.
• Basic computer skills, to include facility with: Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Excel, Publisher, Power Point; E-mail and social media (Facebook, Twitter)
• Accurate note-taking skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Ability to manage time efficiently and maintain flexibility
• Friendly and personable approach to dealing with the public
Regular hours include 15.75hr work week (Tuesday-Friday from 9:00-12:00; September-June) and one evening shift per month to cover secretarial duties at the board meetings – third Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm (excluding July and August).
If you are interested in the Office Administrator position at Emmanuel United Church please send your cover letter and resume via mail or email by April 16th.
c/o M&P Committee
Emmanuel United Church
224 Bennett Blvd, Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 4N1
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.