Affiliate Name: Habitat SSMA
Date Ad Posted: 23 January 2023
Position Type: 1 Year Full-time Contract
Application Deadline: 6 February 2023
Experience: 1 Year
Location(s): Sault Ste. Marie, and Algoma
The Lead Donation Centre Assistant is primarily responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the donation processing centre and the ReStore truck, ensuring that the donation area is kept neat and tidy, and coordinating staff and volunteers to achieve the ReStore goals. This work will be done in accordance with Habitat for Humanity Canada and Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie guidelines by working collaboratively with volunteers and other staff to ensure the highest standards are achieved. The Lead Donation Centre Assistant is also responsible for upholding the Vision, Mission, and Values of Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area and for complying with all policies, procedures, and directives.
- Establish priorities to assist in the operation of the ReStore.
- Distribution of work to meet ReStore and customer needs.
- Establish goals and objectives as determined by the Assistant Manager.
- Adherence to standards, policies, and procedures within the framework of Habitat Sault culture and values.
- Support employees to perform at the highest level.
- Awareness and compliance of ReStore policies, practices, and procedures.
- Enhance the overall donor/customer experience.
- Duties include onboarding, training of DCA roles, coaching, and scheduling.
- Educating on policies & procedures, H&S orientation, quality control of all ReStore assets, training on tools & all equipment used as a resource (i.e., pump jack/cart, etc.)
- GIK (ordering, receiving, delivery coordination, compliance with price policy, sticker product, clean & test product before exporting to the retail floor)
- Collaborate with the Assistant ReStore Manager as to where new arrival items are to be located/placed in the retail showroom, and donations.
- Data entry and coordination of Drop-offs, online or call-in delivery/pickup requests, carry-outs, property maintenance, parking lot & emergency exit maintenance, coordination of recycle & waste bins, and electronics container.
- On occasion, be able to operate the Donation truck.
- In conjunction with the truck driver, completion of the delivery truck maintenance logs, arrange for service appointments as needed, daily circle checks, and ensure maintenance records are completed as per policies and filed appropriately.
- Maintain a safe & clean work area, document and advise the Assistant ReStore Manager of all safety concerns in a prompt manner.
- Be alert for potential security risks & breaches, external and internal.
- Opening & closing of the ReStore, data entry & reports as requested, and providing daily cash float for cashier(s).
- Support with Retail renovations/alterations as they may arise.
- Performing additional duties as assigned.
- Minimum Grade 12 High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a warehouse position.
- Minimum 1-year experience in supervisory role.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Must be adept at handling money and operating cash register/debit.
- Basic accounting skills for making change.
- Ability to work through difficult situations with tact and diplomacy.
- Additional skills including:
- Organized, accurate, and efficient.
- Dependable, with good time management.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to problem solve and exercise good judgement.
- Ability to lead staff and volunteers by being a positive example.
- Must be Insurable.
- Must have a clean driving Abstract and provide a copy.
- Familiarity with Sault Marie and Area city streets is considered an asset.
- Experience driving a box truck in residential areas is required as a condition of employment.
- Vulnerable Sector Check is required as a condition of employment.
- Proof of vaccination is required as a condition of employment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Valid G License with a clear driving record is required as a condition of employment.
- Forklift operator license is considered an asset.
- The position is required to lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and will experience frequent bending, squatting, lifting and repetitive motion. Satisfactory results from a pre-employment fitness exam will be necessary before employment starts.
How to Apply
Please note that we will be reviewing and evaluating applications on an ongoing basis, and we, therefore, encourage early submissions.
Qualified and interested applicants are invited to forward their cover letter and resume as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Lead Donation Centre Assistant Application. Please indicate where you saw the job posting.
Applications must be received before 4 PM EST on 6 February 2023.
Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants must make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance.
Habitat for Humanity SSMA will arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodations for the selection process which will enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted (no phone calls, please). We are committed to Equal Opportunity Employment.
About Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie and Area
Founded in 2002, Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area is a non-profit community-based organization working towards a world where everyone has a safe and decent place to live. HFHSSMA offers a sustainable solution to the housing crisis facing our communities by mobilizing volunteers and community partners to build affordable housing and promoting home ownership.
For more information, please visit www.habitatsault.ca.
32 White Oak Drive East