Larimar Homes Inc. provides residential and foster care housing for youth ages 5-17. We are currently looking for Residential Youth Workers (RYWs) to provide care and support to our youth in Sault Ste. Marie.
Hours: Shift work, days/nights, Part time to full time available.
Residential Youth Workers (RYWs) play an important role in the lives of the youth in our care. RYWs at Larimar Homes work in Foster Homes, Group Homes, and Staff Model Homes with youth in care. RYWs help youth to build trusting relationships, learn life skills, and become involved in their community. Larimar Homes Inc. operates under a Therapeutic Foster Care Program, providing warm and caring living environments for youth in our care. RYWs have the opportunity to build lasting relationships with youth and make a positive impact on their lives.
Duties include (but are not limited to) meal preparation, house hold cleaning, transporting youth to appointments etc, participating in recreational activities with the youth, assisting with homework, and building relationships with the youth, completing all required recording and documentations, and working collaboratively with supporting community agencies, completing documentation and record keeping, administering medication.
All RWYs must have a valid Ontario G class Driver`s License and must be available for morning, day, evening, and night shifts.
Experience working with youth is not necessary but is an asset. The following documents/certifications are required for all RYW applicants:
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Record Check
- Class G Driver`s License and access to a vehicle
- Vehicle Insurance, Reliable Vehicle
- Complete immunization record including Measles, Mumps, Rubella, - Hepatitis B, Tetanus and Diphtheria, and a recent 1-Step TB test
- Secondary or Post-Secondary Diploma/Certificate
- Signed Medical Note (candidates will be given a template)
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- 2 employer references and 1 personal reference
- Child Welfare Check with Children`s Aid Societies using the CPIN system will be conducted before employment.
Candidates must also have strong report writing, organization, inter-personal and time management skills.
Candidates MUST be available weekends
Applicants can send a Resume and Cover Letter to Info@Larimarhomes.ca
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $14.50-$18.00 per hour
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Larimar Homes Inc. is compliant with all federal, provincial, and local COVID-19 legislation.