About Sault Ste. Marie: A welcoming and vibrant community of 73,000, Sault Ste. Marie provides an affordable, active lifestyle in the heart of the Great Lakes. What you’ll find here is a great career and even greater quality of life that offers short commute times and quick access to world class cultural and natural amenities. For more information, visit welcometossm.com.
PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, and energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
As the Water Treatment Operator, your duties will include:
• Maintain and operate all process controls and related equipment required for the operation of the Water Treatment Plant, and other facilities under the direction of PUC.
• Check all health and safety equipment to ensure it is in working order and complies with legislative requirements.
• Maintain documentation in compliance with legislation and PUC policy.
• Collect and analyze samples to ensure facility compliance.
• Maintain a safe working environment.
• Perform safe and proper handling of chemicals and processes to ensure compliance.
• Post-secondary diploma in Water Resource Technology or Environmental Engineering Technology.
• Hold and maintain a valid Water Treatment Operator License and Wastewater Treatment License appropriate with the level of the facility.
• Hold and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s license.
• Strong knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards, and practices.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to exercise judgement in adjusting process variables to meet operating parameters.
• Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative.
• Knowledge of advanced mathematics and chemistry to complete calculations regarding chemicals and processes.
• Ability to operate computerized systems.
• Ability to be on-call on a scheduled basis for after hour emergencies.
Resumes stating qualifications and work experience related to the selection criteria shall be submitted to People & Culture via email email@example.com quoting the position noted above.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage diversity in our workplace. Accommodation is available for applicants upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.