The Data Architect provides high-level coordination and technical expertise to ensure effective integration and management of enterprise data. This position is accountable for the development and maintenance of Sault Area Hospital’s data infrastructure. This includes, but is not limited to, the development, implementation and ongoing support of a data warehouse and business intelligence tools. In addition, the Data Architect provides education, consultation, and support to all stakeholders in the organization in regards to best practices and strategic approaches to advancing data collection, data mining, and data consolidation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop and maintain Sault Area Hospital (SAH) data architectures and road map.
• Lead the multi-year development of a data warehouse and all associated activities.
• Identify development team members and mentor/support their involvement.
• Prepare data models and oversee and validate associated activities.
• Accountable for quality assurance in all data warehousing functions.
• Development of data warehouse business rules and the creation of views and stored procedures.
• Create, review and maintain implementation documents.
• Develop and facilitate governance processes.
• Align work with organizational priorities and changing technical landscape.
• Communicate data warehouse and architecture progress and changes with internal stakeholders.
• Consult and coordinate with information technology department and regional Meditech partners.
Projects and Initiatives
• Determine and define project scope and objectives.
• Creating project plans using proven project planning methodologies to ensure successful implementation.
• Act as a lead for project teams ensuring project plans are followed and delivered on time/budget.
• Seek out organizational opportunities for data quality, data consolidation, and automated reporting projects.
• Provide business case considerations from a database management and reporting perspective for all new applications procured by the organization.
• Manage all current and future large data extractions and feeds.
• Maintain current databases hosted on our SQL Servers.
• Responsible for ensuring appropriate set up and connectivity for any new applications or databases.
• Conduct outreach and advocacy for aligning all organizational databases and lead necessary activities, such as creating transfer jobs to store all data on one server.
• Provide subject matter expertise in data collection, management, and storage with focus on automation and efficiency.
• Work with IT to ensure security of organizational and health information data.
• Stay up-to-date with policies and regulations related to health information and data management, such as Personal Health Information Protection Act.
• Constant environmental awareness of regional and organizational changes that may impact data flows.
• Daily monitoring of database performance.
• Lead troubleshooting in the event of data or process interruptions.
• University Degree in a related discipline.
• 10+ years recent and relevant progressive experience in business intelligence with specific experience in the design, development, and implementation of technical advancement.
• Advanced knowledge with SQL Programming, SQL Server data tools (SSRS, SSIS, SSAS), MS Excel, Access, and VBA.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Extensive knowledge of best practices in database management as well as Microsoft reporting tools (e.g., SSIS, SSRS, etc.)
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast-paced environment in stressful situations.
• Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information to a general audience.
• Organize time effectively to meet tight timelines while maintaining baseline workload.
• Experience and skill in researching and developing emerging technologies into business opportunities.
• Knowledge of computing, storage, and networking architectures.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, superior problem solving and change management skills.
To apply to this exciting opportunity please send a cover letter and resume outlining how your knowledge, experience, and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.