Insightworks Training Technologies is looking for an experienced Senior Software Developer to join our team. This position is a full-time permanent opportunity, accountable for overseeing projects and supporting various development duties. Other accountabilities of the senior developer include writing code, analyzing data, and contributing to the design and implementation of software.
To be successful as a Senior Software Developer, you should demonstrate great skill, creativity and innovation, including the ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment. If you possess excellent communication skills and top-notch senior developer should have extensive experience in software development, be up-to-date with changing technologies and have strong analytical skills.
• Translate functional requirements into technical specifications clearly and accurately.
• Reviewing code work for accuracy and functionality.
• Create and implement design plans.
• Analyzing code segments regularly.
• Delegate tasks to team members.
• Support and guide team members.
• Keep up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments.
• Design, develop, implement and maintain web applications.
• Perform testing of new systems and features.
• Troubleshoot system bugs and issues.
• Develop and utilize documentation.
• Acts as a technical subject matter expert on programming, system design and development-related standards, policies, procedures, and activities.
• Work effectively in a team setting.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in a Computer Science related field.
• 3+ years experience as a Software Developer an asset.
• Solid experience in coding.
• Strong knowledge of user interfaces.
• Strong knowledge of HTML and web frameworks.
• Full stack development skills.
• Experience with relational databases and reporting tools.
• Understanding of IT systems and server administration an asset.
• Experience working with Project Management software (ie. DevOps, GIT).
• Excellent written and oral communication.
WHO IS INSIGHTWORKS?
Insightworks Training Technologies provides industry-leading training and development applications designed to support the training and operational needs of organizations.
Entering our tenth year, we combine the skills of Developers, Graphic Artists, and Human Resource professionals to design custom 2D and interactive 3D training solutions for clients in the healthcare and manufacturing sectors. We are a small but mighty team who love what we do, work very collaboratively,
and feel fortunate to live in beautiful Sault Ste. Marie.
WHY WE'RE AWESOME TO WORK WITH!
• We’re a talented, fun, and very humble team.
• Creative and ambitious work environment - share your ideas big or small in a collaborative workspace.
• We offer a competitive salary and challenging work.
• Work in a remote or office environment.
• There are delicious donuts for birthday celebrations.
Please email your cover letter and detailed resume