Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
This position is responsible for supporting end-users primarily at our Eagle River Mine Complex.
• End-user support Primary – Deskside, Remote Computer, VOIP, Printing, Internet.
• Corporate servers, network infrastructure and phone system support.
• Where applicable - Install/rebuild and maintain computer/laptop hardware, and other IT related systems.
• Identify and resolve problems related to software, hardware, domain, and network security.
• Perform daily monitoring and validation of integrity and availability of IT Systems.
• Create, change, and delete user accounts for computer, server domain, Office 365, VoIP phone system.
• Where applicable - Diagnose issues with security cameras, software & video recording equipment.
• Interact and coordinate with external IT service partners to resolve technical issues.
• Obtain quotes/enter POs/track delivery for IT related equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary education in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT user-support roles.
• Must have experience with on-site/camp support and challenges.
• Able to work effectively as a part of a team as well as independently.
• Strong communication, problem solving and time management skills.
• Proven experience with Windows Server/Domain, Windows desktop/OS.
• Working knowledge of enterprise networks (wiring, switches, wireless, VPN & firewalls).
• Required to live at mine camp site during schedule
• 7-on 7-off or 14-on 14 off
• Travel will be required.
• May be required to go underground to support users located inside the mines (more than 1km below ground).
• Required to wear safety equipment and follow safety procedures as required while on site.
• May require lifting heavy objects (i.e., networks servers, printers etc.)
• Legal to work in Canada
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.