PUC Services Inc. (PUC) operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply, treatment and distribution of municipal drinking water, the supply of electricity, and the operation of wastewater treatment facilities.
PUC offers a dynamic, challenging and rewarding work environment that encourages collaboration and innovative thinking. We are seeking a new member to join our Information Technology department. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, a problem solver and critical thinker with an innate desire to learn and grow.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the System Administrator will implement, maintain, and monitor a variety of network-based enterprise solutions. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Supports a multi-user computing environment such as end user desktop computers, company LAN and WAN infrastructure, wireless LAN, VoIP infrastructure, servers, and applications
• Leverages Active Directory and other management services to meet the needs of all departments and staff
• Installs, configures, and maintains a mixed Windows/Linux environment utilizing various common network protocols
• Implements and maintains network security, including firewall provisioning, host access and security, data access and confidentiality, backup and recovery, and user administration
• Ensures that all systems are appropriately patched with software fixes or security updates
• Performance tuning of server environment for optimized efficiency including CPU, memory, disk utilization and capacity planning
• Troubleshoots networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties
• Provides technical support for end-users
• Monitors for communication and network problems and implement preventive measures
• Document procedures, create network implementation plans and network diagram.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding the information being processed, stored, or accessed by the network
• Minimum post-secondary degree in Computer Science or IT-related field
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in ESRI GIS an asset
• SQL and Oracle knowledge and skills are an asset.
• Experience with NAS, SAN, and virtualization technologies an asset.
• Excellent technical design and documentation skills
• A superior understanding of Windows Server 2012, 2016, 2019 VMware and be able to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems.
• Microsoft 365 troubleshooting, administration, and implementation experience.
• An in depth understanding of Active Directory Infrastructure, DNS, DHCP, IAS, Clustering services, Windows Security, deployment services, DFS and other Microsoft infrastructure services.
• Experience in Azure, SharePoint & Office 365 Backend Administration
• Be effective at managing multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities, meeting deadlines, and working well under pressure, along with proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Excellent interpersonal, administrative, organizational, communication, analytical and time management skills.
PUC Services is an equal opportunity employer.