Junior System Engineer
The Junior Systems Engineer's role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all networked software and associated operating systems. The Junior System Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
• Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing applications, software, and operating systems.
• Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
• Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
• Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the companyâ€™s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
• Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
• Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
• Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
• Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
• Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
• Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
• Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
• Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
• Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
• Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems.
• Three-year college diploma or university degree in computer science, computer networking or software engineering and/or 3 years equivalent work experience.
• Demonstrated experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
• Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
• Working technical knowledge of current software protocols and Internet standards.
• Excellent software troubleshooting experience.
• Working knowledge of network and PC operating systems.
• Competence with testing, flowchart, and data mapping tools and procedures.
• Excellent understanding of the organizationâ€™s goals and objectives.
• Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Good project management skills.
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
• Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
• Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
178 Drive in Rd Unit 3