Senior Technology Security Specialist
|| Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||Security Architecture & Stds
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Senior Technology Security Specialist
Reporting to the Director Security, the Senior Technology Security Specialist will contribute to the development and delivery of the enterprise information security and privacy strategy program to appropriately safeguard business operations and information assets.
The successful candidate will be a perpetual learner who has a proficient understanding of Information Technology and the Information Security tools and services needed to facilitate the successful analysis and mitigation of information security risk in a large IT environment. He or she will also be a curious, perceptive and committed investigative thinker with excellent verbal and written communication skills, one who can work in pressure situations, independently or in a team environment.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to the maintenance of the security strategy, frameworks, policies, procedures and standards in alignment with the security service lifecycle and architecture roadmaps.
- Contribute to the management of all aspects of security service delivery, operationally, via guidance for projects and via oversight of new and changing technology.
- Provide expert assessment and recommendation regarding information security controls required to mitigate risks.
- Lead risk-related security activities, including identifying, evaluating, planning and testing risk mitigation solutions ensuring appropriate remediation and mitigation measures are put in place.
- Conduct vulnerability assessment activities to understand security posture deficiencies and ensure remedial action and mitigation measures are implemented.
- Monitor information security technologies and associated processes and practices to ensure adequate threat mitigation and security measures are in place.
- Provides tier 2 / 3 support and expert assessment during the investigation of security related incidents; escalate and communicate potential risks and mitigation strategies to all relevant stakeholders to ensure action is taken to address any potential risks.
- Research and monitor emerging security regulations and trends to ensure compliance with industry/regulatory standards and keep up to date on market changes.
- Report on the levels of security compliance risk and control effectiveness and produce risk acceptance documents for dissemination to key stakeholders to ensure awareness of security deficiency.
- Liaise with all lines of business by participating and representing Information Security Office services and solutions in projects and initiatives providing direction, mentoring and guidance to build relations that satisfy business need and achieve compliance.
- Contribute to the governance/oversight of the third-party service providers.
- Promote continuous improvement of the security services through the provision of compliance metrics, regular self-assessment activities and feedback from OLG management ensuring services remain current and pertinent to OLG.
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary degree, in an information systems discipline, preferred, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- 5+ years of experience in progressively advancing roles within Technology or a related function.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in the development and delivery of enterprise security strategies.
- Proficient primary knowledge in at least four (4) capability areas including:
- Information Security Architecture
- Information Security Technologies
- Information Security Service Management
- Information Security Administration
- Information Assurance & Protection
- Data Privacy
- Computer Forensics & Investigation Methodologies
- Digital Forensic Tools & Practices
- Penetration Testing
- Vulnerabilities Assessment
- Firewall Management
- Computer, Network and Internet Security
- Security Incident Response.
- Secondary knowledge in the following areas is an asset.
- Technology Audit and Control
- Information Security Auditsa
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment
- Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on May 14, 2019
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.