Technology Analyst / System Administrator (Wintel VMWare)
||Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
|OLG Site or Facility:
||Foster Drive Office
|Number of Positions:
|Length of Contract:
||IT Technology Services
|Posting Expiry Date:
Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG) is committed to delivering gaming entertainment that maximizes economic benefits for the people of Ontario in an efficient and socially responsible manner. We are able to deliver on this commitment through the strength of our prime asset – our people.
Technology Analyst / System Administrator (Wintel VMWare)
Reporting to the Manager, Server and Storage, the Technology Analyst / System Administrator – Wintel VMWare System Administration is responsible for providing Operating System administration and support for systems infrastructure areas including Microsoft Windows Server, VMWare vSphere and Cisco UCS environments in support of two Data Centers and remote sites, including OS/hardware installation and support, systems monitoring, and vendor support coordination. This position works collaboratively with Data Networks Administrators, Storage and Backup Administrators, Database Administrators and Application Support groups to support infrastructure services to deliver IT services to OLG lines of business and Service Providers. It is also responsible for monitoring of infrastructure and attending to break/fix issues while on call to ensure systems availability in support of established Service Level Agreements.
What you will be doing:
- Systems administration of MS Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 and VMWare vSphere 6.0/6.7 including: monitoring systems for errors or performance problems, troubleshooting reported problems, monitoring system alerts to anticipate capacity problems, escalating issues and/or recommendations to the Manager of Server and Storage and/or to a cross-functional team reviewing performance and capacity issues.
- Providing effective support for technical area according to ITIL best practices in accordance with Incident, Problem and Change Management processes. Participating in and/or leading Incident resolutions, Problem Investigations and Post Mortems for high and critical priority service disruptions.
- Participating in and/or leading continuous improvement initiatives for operational processes and procedures, developing best practices to produce operational excellence in area of expertise.
- Creating, reviewing and updating of departmental and cross-departmental processes, procedures and scripts. Maintaining documentation to support continuous improvement.
- Monitoring and managing delivery of individual and team services in support of Server and Storage OLA’s and as directed by an Own Your Service and Service Delivery Mindset.
- As part of the project team take responsibility for delivering new or changed infrastructure to production including providing operational documentation such as process, procedural, configuration management, and training. Collaborating with Operations teams for a smooth transition into production; provide operations support for the new infrastructure following implementation and establishment of production services.
- Mentoring junior team members and cross-training with other team members and assisting them, as needed.
- Ensuring life cycle plans are in place for technology infrastructures and related software management tools by researching and developing strategies and plans to ensure n or n-1 currency.
- Reviewing, planning and deploying system specific security patches to meet patch management process requirements.
What we’re looking for:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer studies or equivalent education and experience
- 5+ years of related IT experience
- Expert knowledge of MS Windows Server, VMWare vSphere and Cisco UCS
- Proficient knowledge of:
- Linux Red Hat and CentOS
- ITIL processes
- MS Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Working knowledge of:
- MS SCCM and MS SCOM
- Trend Micro Office Scan 11.0/XG and Trend Micro Deep Security
- Data Networks, Cisco Switches and communication protocols
- SAN Storage Administration duties and tasks, SAN switches, HDS VSP, DellEMC VNX/Unity and Netapp storage arrays
- Data Backup and Data Restoration systems management, policy creation and scheduling of backups.
- Data replication technologies
- Highly developed interpersonal skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
- A results-oriented leader who takes accountability for actions, collaborates effectively and uses strong analytical skills to trouble shoot and problem-solve
- Strong organizational and time management skills, thrives under pressure and time constraints
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and apply new skills to support rapid deployment of new technologies
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours in a 24 x 7 x 365 environment, including on call
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment
- Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
Please apply online by 5:00PM on November 13, 2018.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.