The Sault Ste. Marie Innovation Centre (SSMIC) serves as a catalyst for growth in the technology and knowledge-based sectors in Sault Ste. Marie and area. Its objective is to drive business growth, facilitate research and commercialize innovation in globally significant areas of science and technology through partnerships, expert advice, community development, business incubation, youth outreach and sector development activities.
SSMIC is seeking a Junior Refactor Developer Intern to support SSMIC’s software development projects. This is a one-year contract position.
- Unemployed or underemployed youth (under the age of 30) who have graduated with a degree or diploma from a post secondary institution within the last three years, are legally entitled to work in Canada, and have not been previously employed under a FedNor Youth Internship funding agreement, or other federal or provincial internship with pay for a period of six (6) months or more.
- Refactoring existing web technologies including the Vulnerable Persons Registry to enhance and modernize older code as well as adding new functionality in web products.
- Assist in the overall software development cycle in research, requirements gathering and project planning.
- University or college graduate in Computer Programming who has graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university.
- The candidate must be a graduate of a post-secondary degree or diploma program.
- The position will be a first full-time employment in the candidate’s field of study.
The successful candidate will have the following additional qualifications:
- Exceptional oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work in a team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple deadline-driven tasks
This full-time contract position is partially funded by FedNor's Northern Ontario Development Program.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by July 3, 2018.
This Opportunity is Proudly Supported by: