Are you interested in joining “A great workplace” where you Trust the people you work for, have Pride in what you do, Enjoy the people you work with and can be a Difference Maker?
If so, get ready to take your career to the next level!!
ABOUT US: McDougall Energy is a Canadian family company that has been in business for over 70 years and has been named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for the last 6 years in a row. We have grown to become one of the largest integrated distributors of Esso and Mobil products in Canada. We are an Esso retailer and wholesaler of gasoline, heating oil, diesel fuel, commercial lubricants and propane. We serve communities throughout Ontario and
regions in British Columbia.
Our success is driven by our commitment to the highest quality customer service. Our team members are our most valuable resource, and we offer excellent opportunities for personal and career growth.
Location: Sault Ste. Marie or Greater Toronto Area
We are currently looking to recruit a Director, Information Technology to lead our information technology department and ensure the Company’s technology infrastructure capabilities are responsive to business needs and aligned with the Company’s goals and objectives for growth.
As Director, Information Technology you will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and direction to all functions within the department including Programmers, Analysts, Applications, Infrastructure and Service Desk to ensure technology initiatives are aligned with the Company’s business strategies.
- Defining, updating and implementing strategies for the Company’s technological applications and ensuring that its infrastructure is responsive to the computing and information technology needs of the Company’s various operations sites and business units.
- Managing all IT risk, compliance, and regulatory requirements, ensuring all computer systems, hardware and network communications are operating effectively; ensure protection, prevention, backup and disaster recovery plans and procedures are in place
- Maintaining the overall operation of the Company’s ERP Platform, infrastructure, systems, integrations and applications, recommending enhancements and/or updates as required.
- Managing the development and implementation of new applications and changes to its existing computer hardware and software packages.
- Advising our Leadership Team on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business objectives.
- Managing the departmental budget and ensuring cost effectiveness.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A University degree in Computer Science combined with a minimum of 5-7 years of progressive experience developing and implementing IT strategies.
- Experience working with an ERP platform (Epicor, SAP, Oracle) and ITIL
- Strong technical skills, project management skills and proven ability to manage multiple projects.
- Experience working in a multi office environment, ability to manage teams both virtually and locally
- Excellent Interpersonal skills: ability to build strong collaborative partnerships across functional departments within the Company, ability to effectively manage customer and vendor relationships
What we have to offer:
- Competitive Compensation
- Annual paid vacation
- Company paid Health & Dental Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP (optional)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Opportunity for career development
Apply on-line at www.mcdougallcareers.com or send a resume by fax to (705) 946-1134 or email us at: email@example.com
Confidentiality of all applicants assured. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and we thank all other applicants for their interest.
McDougall Energy is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process and workplace. If you require any accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs.