Working within the context of a multidisciplinary team, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) will work collaboratively with physicians and allied health care professionals within the Family Health Team and with our community partners. As a vital member of the patient focused team, the NP will provide primary care services in conjunction with all health care professionals. Huron Shores Family Health Team is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual with strong interpersonal skills to join our multi-disciplinary team based along the North Shore.
• Provide acute/episodic care, health promotion, disease prevention and chronic disease management in a primary care setting.
• Assist in the ongoing development of primary care programs, resources in collaboration with other members of the FHT and other partners.
• Participates and collaborates with other health care providers in the provision of patient care.
• Participates in providing education to nursing staff to enhance nursing practice.
• Collect and maintain accurate data and information in accordance with the Personal Health Information Act (PHIPA) and the requirements of any regulatory body standards.
• Effective listening, observation, and facilitation skills to effectively assess the patient and provide appropriate treatment and consultation.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current registration with the College of Nurses in Ontario in the Extended Class.
• The ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize and multitask efficiently.
• A satisfactory and current Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Reference Check.
• Valid First Aid & CPR Certificate.
• Clear Criminal Record and Valid Driver’s License.
Interested applicants may submit a resume and cover letter via email to: [email protected].
Attention: Alyssa Spooney, Executive Director
Huron Shores Family Health Team
525 Causley Street
Blind River, ON
Huron Shores Family Health Team (HSFHT) has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from HSFHT. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Huron Shores Family Health Team welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.