The North Shore Health Network provides rural healthcare for communities along the north shore of Lake Huron – including services in Blind River, Thessalon and Richards Landing. The North Shore Health Network sites have been serving their communities faithfully for many years providing emergency, acute, complex continuing care, long-term care and community support services.
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data;
• Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, job title and department/division transfers;
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages;
• Prepares and ensures accuracy of all annual reports required by Canada Revenue Agency;
• Prepares all payroll remittances, completes online payments associated with the remittance, and reconciles the information bi-weekly;
• Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and provincial income and social security taxes and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments;
• Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information;
• Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests;
• Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential;
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• College Diploma in accounting, business administration or related field;
• Experience using payroll systems is preferred;
• Excellent written, verbal communication and collaborative skills;
• High proficiency using Word, and Excel;
• Ability to work as a group and independently;
• Very strong organizational and interpersonal skills needed for this position;
• Successful criminal background check with vulnerable sector secured;
• Bilingual in English and French considered an asset.
Interested applicants may submit résumés via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
525 Causley Street
Blind River, ON
NSHN has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires covered individuals to take part in COVID-19 vaccination programs recommended by Public Health; unless they are approved for a human rights accommodation from NSHN. Compliance with this policy is mandatory for this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
North Shore Health Network welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.