Position: Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA)*
Full-time, Contract (13 months: July 2021 – August 2022)
*In the absence of a qualified CDA, a Therapy Assistant may be considered
Location: Sault Ste. Marie and the Algoma District
Responsible to: Professional Services Manager – Speech-Language Pathology
The Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA), as a member of an inter-disciplinary team, is responsible for assisting the Supervising Therapist (ST), in this case a Speech-Language Pathologist (SLP) by providing treatment to clients and other related services including documentation and material(s) preparation, in accordance with the Guidelines for the Use of Supportive Personnel document, developed by THRIVE and in accordance with the policies, mission, vision and values of the organization.
As the successful candidate, you will have a diploma from an accredited Communicative Disorders Assistant program and be eligible for membership in the Communicative Disorders Assistant Association of Canada (in the absence of a qualified CDA, a Therapy Assistant may be considered). You will have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle. The ability to provide services in both official languages would be an asset.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a member of an inter-disciplinary team
• Ability to work well under Supervision
• Excellent organizational skills, time management skills, oral and written communications skills
• Competency in using various computer tools such as Microsoft 365 (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), virtual platforms such as MS Teams and/or Zoom for Business.
• First Aid and CPR required
• Experience in paediatric rehabilitation would be an asset
• Satisfactory criminal background check (CPIC)
• Assisting the Supervising Therapist (ST) in carrying out evaluation and intervention activities;
• Delivering direct treatment to clients selected by the ST;
• Following documented treatment plans or protocols developed by the ST;
• Collecting therapy data to document client progress toward meeting established objectives as stated in the treatment plan and reporting same to the ST;
• Scheduling activities, preparing charts, records, graphs or otherwise displaying data;
• Preparing written and oral progress reports for client file and ST;
• Assisting ST’s with clinics as appropriate;
• Performing equipment checks and equipment maintenance if skilled in doing so;
• Participating and/or presenting in-service training and public relations programs with the ST;
• Preparing materials and supplies;
• Performing other duties as assigned by the Professional Services Manager
Salary is competitive with market standards and contribution to a leading industry pension plan is available. If you are the passionate Communicative Disorders or Therapy Assistant we seek, please submit your cover letter and résumé no later than June 25, 2021 to:
Via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please reference “CDA or Therapy Assistant” in the email subject line.
All applications are appreciated; however, only those individuals selected for a potential interview will be contacted. THRIVE Child Development Centre is an equal opportunity employer, and provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities.
74 Johnson Avenue