JOB POSTING #: 420-523-2021
POSITION: ECG Technologist – Tech 3 – Part Time
DEPARTMENT: Diagnostic Imaging/ Cardiac Combine
RATE: $27.30 - $31.48 hourly
SHIFTS: Shift work, may include days, increased evening and night shifts, weekends and statutory holidays
Purpose of Position:
To perform diagnostic non- invasive Cardiology tests and other designated duties.
3. Knowledge in the use of:
a. Electrocardiograph units
b. Cardiac Stress testing units
c. Holter Monitor
d. Holter Scanner
4. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
5. Human relations skills including empathy, sensitivity, understanding of human and organizational behavior, motivational techniques and counseling skills (e.g. teaching patients).
6. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
7. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
8. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
9. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
10. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
11. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
12. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may by assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for testing/interview will be contacted.
APPLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete OPSEU internal application form.
POSTED: June 10 , 2021, 16:00 hours to June 17, 2021, 16:00 hours
Sault Area Hospital is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity, equal opportunity and maintaining a barrier-free selection process for job applicants. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known to the Human Resources department when contacted. All requests are handled confidentially.
This position is covered by a collective agreement. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.