• Build and support numerous stakeholder relationships as a vital part of the Change Management mandate;
• Provide engagements with prospective senders and / or receivers as required;
• Ensure the alignment of change management activities with participating health service providers, to smooth the adoption process and ensure successful implementation;
• Provide workflow and change management leadership and support to clinicians to help adoption of digital tools into existing and new processes;
• Be an active and visible coach for clinicians and stakeholders;
• Create and deliver high quality training materials to support primary care clinicians and organizations to optimize the use of EMRs and the OCEAN Platform;
• Provide ongoing Super User support for the OCEAN eReferral system;
• Identify potential risks, points of resistance, performance gaps and develop appropriate mitigation activities for team collaboration and actions;
• Create change management plans including configuration, training, testing, go-live and post-go live plans;
• Conduct implementation activities, document lessons learned and present findings in a logical and easy-to-understand manner;
• Maintain information exchange and collaboration with the eServices – eReferral Central Service Program Change Management Team to ensure local referral strengthening activities complement the broader program vision;
• Work with Deployment Team and the eReferral Central Program Benefits Realization Team to support evaluation to capture the organizational and clinical value of eReferral by using identified clinical champions and developing Case Scenarios;
• Post-secondary education in Information Technology, Information Management or Business Administration with a healthcare focus and/or an equivalent education and experience;
• A solid understanding of clinical processes, workflows and the impact of technology changes on patient service delivery;
• Additional certification in Information Technology, Change Management, Quality Improvement, Project Management or Risk Management is considered an asset;
• Previous experience with enabling technologies and digital health within Ontario, including a good understanding of electronic medical records (EMRs);
• Experience working within a project team to support project goals, plans and business objectives;
• Knowledge of security and data privacy legislation (PHIPA), including requirements, management and practices;
• Experience in risk management and regulatory compliance;
• Experience developing and providing “train-the-trainer” sessions for clinicians;
• Experience with remote onboarding preferred;
• Proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and Visio including workflow mapping;
• Excellent relationship building, collaboration, and engagement skills, including facilitation, negotiation and conflict resolution in complex, multi-stakeholder healthcare environments;;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
• Familiarity with project management approaches and tools of the project lifecycle;
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of clinical and non-clinical stakeholders;
• Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle as regular travel may be required;
• Superior oral and written proficiency in English is essential.
In order to support the key priority of creating healthy communities by reducing wait times for specialist care, the Ministry of Health continues to support the expansion of eServices, including an eReferral and eConsult systems to the Ontario Health North Region (OHN).
The eReferral Central Program formerly, System Coordinated Access (SCA) Program, based out of the eHealth Centre of Excellence in the Waterloo Wellington LHIN provides provincial oversight and coordination to support local delivery partners in the deployment of eReferral.
The OHN local Deployment Team works with the eReferral Central Program, other Deployment Teams and OHN stakeholders to facilitate the adoption of the eReferral solution to ensure that local requirements and needs are identified and addressed.
Commensurate with qualification and experience.
A Northern Ontario location is preferred as some travel maybe required, but other applicants will be considered.
If this position is of interest to you, please send your cover letter and resume to: Human Resources at the North Shore Health Network.