We are seeking an enthusiastic individual who is committed to progressive and innovative approaches to environmental health objectives.
Qualifications - Ability, Experience, and Skills for this position include (but not limited to):
- Certificate in or working towards Certificate in Public Health Inspection (Canada) with preferences shown to a holder of a related degree and certification as an inspector under the Ontario Building Code Act;
- Demonstrated knowledge of community resources relevant to the area of environmental health;
- Previous experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong interest in professional development and self-learning;
- Strong time management and project management skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be reliable and have a good attendance record;
- Ability to work outside regular business hours, including weekends and evenings, as required;
- The ability to communicate (verbally & in writing) in French and/or any other language(s) will be considered an asset;
- Requires a valid “G” Ontario Driver’s License and use of a reliable vehicle;
- This position will service the areas of Sault Ste. Marie, Blind River and Elliot Lake;
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) with satisfactory clearance is a condition of employment, at own expense.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Public Health will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities, upon request
Submit applications to:
Algoma Public Health
c/o Human Resources
294 Willow Avenue
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 0A9
We would like to thank all candidates for responding; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.