We’re looking for students to join our team at Algoma Public Health. Come join our team and take advantage of this great learning opportunity. Over the term of employment, you'll work alongside experienced professionals who will help mentor you.
If you are interested in joining us this summer, you could work in a variety of different areas including:
- Administrative support for COVID-19 response including telephone and booking lines and support at mass immunization clinics;
- Corporate services;
- Public Health Program support.
Ability, Experience, and Skills for this position include (but not limited to):
- Applicants must be enrolled in post–secondary studies returning to school in September 2021;
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft office programs including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Ability to manage a multi-line telephone system;
- Customer service experience;
- Effectively communicate with APH staff and clients in a professional manner;
- Familiar with the use of general office equipment;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Duties of this position require lifting (up to 20 pounds), with frequent standing and walking;
- Flexibility to work in other programs and services areas with training as necessary;
- Must be reliable and available to work the entire summer period from selected start date. Requests for time off are considered when they do not conflict with program needs;
- Ability to work a flexible schedule Monday - Sunday;
- The ability to communicate (verbally and in writing) in French and/or any other language(s) is will be considered an asset;
- A current Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC) with satisfactory clearance is a condition of employment, at own expense.
If you have any questions about this position or are interested in applying, please email: email@example.com.
A cover letter and current résumé must be provided in order to be considered for this position.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Ontarians with Disabilities Act, Algoma Public Health will provide accommodation for candidates with disabilities, upon request