The Huron Shores Family Health Team is currently seeking a NURSE PRACTITIONER
If you are exceptional with people, look for variety and complexity in your work, are interested in pioneering chronic disease management and preventative medicine programs, we would like to meet you.
Purpose of Position:
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, the NP will provide comprehensive primary care to patients in the community, ensuring continuity of care. The NP should be comfortable working to his or her full scope of practice, providing care and services to patients independent of physician involvement, as well as assisting with physician-managed care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess holistically and provide services to patients in all developmental stages
- Complete health assessments, including health history and physical examination
- Formulate and communicate medical diagnoses
- Determine the need for, and order from, an approved list of screening and diagnostic laboratory tests and interpret the results
- Monitor the ongoing therapy of patients with chronic stable illness by providing effective pharmacological, complementary or counseling interventions
- Prescribe drugs according to scope of practice
- Provide health education and health promotion information to individuals and groups
- Consult with physician in accordance with the standards for consultation with physicians, and/or refer the client to another health care professional
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- Primary Health Care Nurse Practitioner Certificate
- Preference will be given to candidates with 2-3 years clinical experience as a Nurse
- Practitioner, preferably within a multidisciplinary family practice
- Current Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class
- Current membership in NPAO and/or RNAO
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of an Interprofessional team, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working with an Electronic Patient Record (EMR) and required computer skills
Please submit your cover letter and resume to Carrie Gregory at email@example.com. This posting will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all who apply however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.