Job Posting: #15-21
Job Title: Tenant Support Worker – Housing Services
Job Type: Temporary Full-Time; Up to twelve (12) months (35-hour workweek)
Wage Range: $31.19 – $34.74
Job Class: Union JC 10
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is searching for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team based in Sault Ste. Marie as a temporary Tenant Support Worker within the Housing Services division. The primary function of the Tenant Support Clerk is to respond to social challenges amongst the Social Housing tenants and homeless clients and assist in the delivery of programming in Social Housing communities.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
• Provide assistance and recommendations to Housing Services Property Management Team on the resolution of social issues associated with social housing tenancies
• Respond proactively to tenant and client social issues in social housing communities as well as emergency shelters.
• Liaise with community social service partner agencies in the delivery of a broad range of services. Maintain a thorough knowledge of social support services and resources available external to Social Services.
• Delivery of programs within Social Housing Communities. Develop partnerships with community agencies for the effective delivery of appropriate programs in Social Housing communities.
• Conduct home visits with tenants whose tenancy may be jeopardized due to rental arrears or compromising conduct; assess the circumstances and develop an action plan to prevent eviction and/or rent subsidy suspension.
• Visit tenants upon move-in to Social Housing units to review tenant/landlord agreements and expectations.
• Assist in preparing for, Ontario Rental Housing Tribunal hearings.
• Investigate tenant infractions of the Housing Services Act and recommend action steps to resolve
• Maintain a current working knowledge of the Housing Services Act, the Residential Tenancies Act, associated Regulations, Social Housing policies and procedures and any amendments.
• Prepare and maintain accurate records documenting tenant visits, actions and directions provided to tenants through written correspondence when necessary.
• Provide on-call emergency coverage on a rotational basis.
• Maintain a working knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety regulations, Worker responsibilities, and organizational health and safety policies and procedures.
• Perform other duties as required
The successful candidate will have the ability to communicate in an effective and tactful manner, contribute routinely as a team member, organize time to maximize contribution and possess a sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office environment. Additional qualifications for this position include:
• Undergraduate university degree in the Social Sciences from an accredited university; and
• A minimum of four (4) years’ experience in a position which involves direct client services/support; and
• Two years’ experience with one-on-one and/or group counseling
• Valid Ontario Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle
• Proficient in both official languages is an asset.
Date Posted: April 1, 2021 at 09:00
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021 at 16:30
Should you be interested in applying for this exciting career opportunity, please forward your cover letter and resume as one PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org by the application deadline with the subject line referencing job posting #15-21 – Tenant Support Worker, Housing Services (Temporary).
This position is covered by a collective agreement, CUPE Local 5330. Applications from outside the bargaining unit are welcome, but can only be considered if the position is not filled from within the bargaining unit.
The District of Sault Ste. Marie Social Services Administration Board is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Individuals requiring accommodation during the application and/or the interview process should contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangement.