Position: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Posting: 093-130-2018
Department: CD & ES
Status: Full Time
Wage Range: $68,791 – $81,887
Job Class: 4
Shifts: 35 hours/week
Posted: October 11, 2018
Closes: October 18, 2018, 4:30pm
Primary Duties and Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
• Supervise and schedule hours
• Monitor the purchasing of stock items to ensure vehicles are repaired in a timely and efficient manner
• Participate on the job interview team for new employees and promotions
• Coordinate development training programs for employees
• Review job infractions with employees and document accordingly
• Member of the Joint Health and Safety Team
• Assist in development of the divisional budget
• Participate as a member of the contract negotiation
• Work with purchase on the preparation of RFP’s for the maintenance area
• Oversee on contracted work for the maintenance area
• MTO signing authority – annual vehicle plate renewal
• Complete various reports – Diesel, Gas, Mileage, etc.
• Supervise the maintenance section in general and major care of all transit vehicles, buildings and equipment
• Schedule qualified employees to ensure preventative maintenance programs are followed and that the fleet is prepared to meet its service obligations to the travelling public
• Monitor the work which is done to vehicles and ensures that it meets the Ministry of Transportation, Ontario Standards
• Maintain all shelters and Pay & Display meters
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• College diploma in a related field and/or a combination of education, training and directly related experience.
• Truck and Coach Technician Certificate 310T
• Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver's License, in good standing.
• One-year previous maintenance supervisor or similar role.
• Five years’ experience working as a mechanic, bus/fleet experience preferred
• Knowledge of health & safety practices and regulations.
• Understanding of budgeting.
• Excellent planning, organizational and leadership abilities.
• Computer literacy in a Microsoft including experience in Excel, Word, Visio and Outlook.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, and responsible manner.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please provide a cover letter and resume highlighting your qualifications to:
Subject line 093-130-2018 Maintenance Supervisor – Transit/Parking
The Corporation of the City of Sault Ste. Marie is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
99 Foster Drive