Soo Mill and Lumber Company Limited
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Our team is growing!!
Do you love working with people? Would you like to build your career as part of an exceptional team that takes pride in providing personalized, functional, stylish spaces for clients in their homes?
Our Installations team is growing and we are now accepting applications for a full-time Installer, based in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario. We are seeking an Installations Specialist to provide renovation services, which would include both Interior and Exterior Renovations.
Soo Mill is looking for an individual who is interested in learning with, and growing with the company. If you are looking for a long-term career with tons of opportunity for growth and career advancement, this is the position for you!
Our employees are among the best compensated professionals in our industry, including a full benefits package a strong retirement package.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties:
• Complete the installation of various home renovation projects such as kitchen, bathroom, window and door installations, siding, decks and fencing, drywall and painting, as well as various other home renovation projects
• Makes various types of warranty repairs for manufacturers
• Promote the use of the company products that are associated with the building project (i.e., windows, locks, lighting, doors, etc.)
• Keep an accurate count of all materials taken to site, installed & returned to the warehouse
• Meet with the site supervisor/home owner at the beginning and end of each job for pre and post-inspections, answer any questions they may have and ensure a thorough quality job
• Assist in building maintenance projects at Soo Mill
• Document service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
• Work within Ministry codes to ensure environmental, labor, health and safety, building & transportation codes
• Responsible to maintain company tools & equipment and keep in good working order
• Class G Driver’s license with clean abstract – requirement
• Renovation experience in a professional setting – preferred
• Ability to maintain a professional attitude and appearance to reflect our premium brand and provide a superior standard of service and exceptional customer experience while working in a team environment and supporting and contributing to growth
• Attention to detail and focus
• Base knowledge of the home renovation industry, products & willingness to continually expand knowledge
• Knowledge of renovation and construction practices and building codes - preferred
• A problem solver who has the ability to devise and communicate effective solutions when required
• Proven ability to meet deadlines while working with minimum supervision
If you would like to begin to build your career with our company, please forward your resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Manager
Soo Mill & Lumber Company Limited
539 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6B 5A1
The closing date for this position is December 2, 2022.
All applications are appreciated, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a criminal record search.
Soo Mill can provide disability related accommodations during the recruitment process. Please advise if you require accommodations when contacted for an interview.