First General Services Sault Ste Marie is a full-service insurance restoration general contracting company that specializes in mitigation and repair of damaged residential and commercial buildings. We provide emergency response services, followed by total reconstruction of damage caused by water, fire, smoke, and wind.
Part of the First General services international network, we are a local and independently owned and operated company. First General Services is one of the largest insurance restoration contractor banner groups in Canada. Our policy is to provide straightforward honesty and integrity to our customers, insurers, and contractors.
We are seeking a self-motivated and personable individual to fulfill a full-time position as a Project Manager/Estimator.
As the successful candidate, your day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial estimating
- General contracting
- Inspecting properties (residential and commercial) to determine
- Creating scope and sketch
- Supporting documents uploaded on a timely basis
- Generate estimates in Xactimate software for commercial and
- Responsible for insurance assignments and ensuring internal
and external commitments are completed from start to finish
- Coordinating crews and subtrades to attend emergency callouts
- Responsible for managing projects, scope, and schedules
- Coordinating crews and subtrades to attend job sites
- Communicating and creating a strong working relationship with
customers such as insurance brokers,
insurance adjustors, and clients.
- Developing effective coordination of all parties and activities by
becoming familiar with project scope,
goals, and team roles.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Graduate of civil, architectural, technician/technology program
(NOT a requirement, but would be an asset)
- High level problem solving and analytical abilities necessary to
oversee and lead assignments/projects
- Experience with Xactimate and estimating is an asset but NOT a
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills
- Valid driver's license
- Clean criminal record
- Computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
(excel, word, MS projects)
The project manager/estimator will be required to work on-site Monday to Friday (8:00 am-5:00 pm). Overtime hours/on-call as needed as well as a willingness to work additional hours during catastrophic events.
Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits package and company vehicle also included
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
304 Industrial Park Crescent