Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
• Ensure that all buildings, and infrastructures on Wesdome property, as well as roads, culverts, & bridges are properly maintained
• Work in a safe, environmentally friendly, and cost-effective manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and -Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants and all other Government standards and regulations
• Follow Wesdome safety policies, procedures, practices, and standards.
• Ensure all required Daily logs are filled in.
• Perform routine preventive maintenance
• Perform regular maintenance and repairs to all camp buildings, mill buildings, mine site buildings, water, and sewer systems.
• New construction may be required and must comply with Ontario Building Codes.
• Install culverts according to Government Regulations.
• Screen sand and gravel for mine and mill, road repair, construction, etc.
• Snow removal from roofs, walkways, doorways, and roadways will be required in the winter months.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Valid (G) Driver’s License
• Licensed carpenter, or 3 years’ experience in construction or site maintenance.
• Good working knowledge of plumbing installation, maintenance, and repair.
• HVAC, maintenance, and repair would be an asset.
• Heavy equipment operator experience, DZ license, would be an asset.
• Good communication skills
• Able to work well with others and live in a camp setting.
• 12-hour shifts; 7-7 rotation
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.