Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Job Description & Qualifications
Reporting to the Eagle River Maintenance Planner or designate, the successful candidate will perform the maintenance and repairs of all surface, underground stationary equipment, long hole buggies, compressors rock breakers and pumps at the mine site. The candidate will be reliable and is expected to work well as a member of a team to ensure a safe and productive workplace.
The successful candidate will possess a Provincial certification as a Millwright Mechanic with at least 5 years’ experience in underground mining, possess Ontario common core modules, good communication skills and must have a valid (G) Driver’s License.
• Work in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and -Regulations for Mines and Mining Plants and all other Government standards and regulations.
• Keep work areas clean and free of safety hazards on a continuous basis.
• Ability to take initiative and work independently as part of a team
• Perform maintenance and repairs to stationary equipment on surface and underground in a safe and timely manner.
• Perform maintenance on Hoists, long hole buggies, compressors, rock breakers and pumps
• Follow Wesdome safety policies, procedures, practices and standards.
• Hoist experience would be considered an asset
• Fall Arrest will be an asset
• Strong troubleshooting skills
• Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to perform routine equipment maintenance
• Knowledgeable with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems
• Must be able to work with little supervision; must be self - directed
• Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Good Communication skills and ability to work with others
• Able to effectively prioritize workload to ensure deadlines are met
• This is a camp position, working a 7 days on / 7 days off
• Eligible to work in Canada
We Wish To Thank All Applicants For Their Interest and Effort In Applying For The Position; However, Only Candidates Selected For Interviews Will Be Contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.