Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Responsibilities / Job Duties Performed
Reporting to the Mine General Manager, the Manger of Asset Management & Reliability will be an inspirational and innovative leader responsible and accountable for operational performance excellence in the Asset Management and Reliability Department.
• Lead and manage the (1) Mine fixed plant, Maintenance Capital Projects and Mobile department, (2) Site Electrical & Instrumentation department, (3) Site Services department, (4) Energy Management program, and our (5) Continuous Improvement Six Sigma program in accordance with Eagle River Mine’s (ERM) business strategy and objectives.
• Inspire, and foster a culture of Risk Awareness and Zero Harm through the implementation of safe work practices that prioritize the safety of our people, environment and impacted communities.
• Lead the development and implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management road map to help realize the vision of Zero Harm of our people, environment and impacted communities.
• Comply with federal and provincial acts, regulations, and legal requirements; and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement technical standards and industry best practices for asset and risk management, including preventative and predictive analytics for assets.
• Champion, lead and implement our six-sigma continuous improvement program; and be a member of the site project steering committee, which is part of our Six Sigma program.
• Implement a project management framework for the site in accordance with industry best practices to manage all aspects of capital and sustaining projects; and implement the Six Sigma Stage Gate process for moving capital projects from concept to launch.
• Manage department capital and sustaining projects life cycle in accordance with project management best practices.
• Lead the development and implementation of an ERM ‘Mine of the future’ technology road map that optimizes the performance and long-term sustainability of the mine and mill.
• Ensuring that all mechanical and electrical standards (i.e. ANSI, Ontario Electrical Code, IEEE), and Instrumentation & plant automation standards (i.e. ISA & ANSI) are followed.
• Lead and manage site infrastructure projects including tailings management facility and building construction, ensuring that all applicable construction and building codes are followed without compromise.
• Participate in and contribute to the development of ERM’s LOM plan.
• Integrate and align ERM’s asset management and reliability plan with the LOM plan.
• Manage engineering firms working on capital and sustaining projects.
• Develop technical expertise within the department.
• Develop and manage yearly operating and capital budgets for the department.
• Inspiring, caring, innovative and adaptable leader with a successful track record of coaching, mentoring and developing people to their full potential in their career progression and growth.
• Excellent leadership and management abilities to motivate, lead, organize and manage direct reports in a manner that fosters engagement and builds a positive culture for the department and organization.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships within and across departments and the organization.
• Effective communication (verbal and written) skills that is positive and engaging.
• Engineering degree and PEng. with an MBA or Business Degree is mandatory.
• PMP designation is an important Asset.
• 20+ years experience managing engineering departments and capital projects.
• Experienced in the preparation, management and execution of operational and capital budgets and strategic plans.
• Experienced in participating and contributing to the development of Life of Mine (LOM) plans.
• Experienced in developing and implementing risk and asset management systems.
• Ability to play a key role in the development and implementation of technical standards, systems, and processes for mining assets in collaboration with internal and external subject matter experts and stakeholders.
• Ability to take ownership of the work and possess strong work and business management skills (resource, planning & work prioritization management, results focused, etc.)
• This position is located at our Eagle River Mine location near Wawa, ON.
• In this role, you will work a 7-7 schedule and therefore you will be accommodated in our camp with all the amenities.
We Wish To Thank All Applicants For Their Interest and Effort In Applying For The Position; However, Only Candidates Selected For Interviews Will Be Contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.