Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold from the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
• The solution operator is responsible for operating the mill circuit from the leach tanks to the precipitation, work in direct communication with tailings filter operator.
• Complies with safety regulations and uses required personal protection equipment.
• Provides hands on training for new operators.
• Works directly with other operators to ensure a smooth and efficient operation.
• Works with maintenance personnel to provide access for maintenance of equipment.
• Works with the Metallurgist to solve problems and get the best recovery.
• Reporting To: Mill Shift Foreman
Responsibilities / Job Duties Performed
The following list forms the basis for the positions duties but does not necessarily encompass all the duties that may be required in the performance of the position.
• Monitors the leach tanks to ensure that sufficient air is added.
• Monitors the barren, pregnant tanks and mill solution tank.
• Operates the filters and monitors the vacuum pump, re-pulpers and tailings pump to balance this circuit with the feed rate form grinding.
• Acid treats filter cloths as needed and patches tears in the cloth.
• Operates the clarifiers to clean the pregnant solution. This includes the pre-coating of the leaves and monitoring the clarity of the solution.
• De-aerates the solution through the Crowe Tower and adds zinc dust to the solution as it is pumped to the presses to precipitate the gold.
• Monitors the presses for efficient operation.
• Does colour tests on the press discharge and takes pH and density measurements as required to balance and maintain the various components of the circuits.
• Does cyanide and lime titrations.
• Responsible for cutting and collecting the necessary samples and filtering, drying and labelling them ready for the assay lab.
• Responsible for noting and reporting mechanical problems with any of the equipment to the General Foreman or Mechanical Lead Hand.
• Required to start-up and shutdown equipment.
• Keeps the areas clean and tidy.
• Logs shift data on the operator sheets. Reports shift activity in the logbook.
• Reports any potential environmental problems to Foreman or Metallurgist.
• Converse with cross shift so smooth operation is maintained
Qualifications and Experience
• Possess common core certificates for the milling operations.
• Possess a mechanical aptitude.
• Have an aptitude to create a smooth harmonious atmosphere with other operators.
• Be in excellent physical condition
• Dayshift and Nightshift (rotating)
• 12 hour shifts
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.