Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada.
The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of
development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer,
producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in
Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold from two mines, the Eagle River Underground Mine
and the Mishi Open pit, from a central mill. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields
asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former
mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the
Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
• The Millwright is responsible for doing the maintenance of the milling operation
• Reports to Lead hand Millwright and Mill General Foreman
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations and
policies is of primary importance with this position.
• Performing repairs and doing preventative maintenance by following job
procedures and using accepted industry practices is a necessary part of this
• Following maintenance directives from the Lead hand Millwright.
• Planning jobs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner are important duties of
Responsibilities / Job Duties Performed
• Complete specific work orders, providing sufficient detail for co-workers to acknowledge
work completion and/or equipment issues.
• Provide mechanical expertise and apply advanced analytical and trouble shooting skills to
assist operations, maintenance, and technical personnel in identifying and solving day to
day equipment problems.
• Safely operate specific equipment including man lifts and forklifts overhead cranes.
• Assist in the commissioning of new installations and modifications.
• Analyze maintenance procedures and make recommendations to improve effectiveness.
• Identify, develop, and implement continuous improvement opportunities.
• Ensure that safety issues are reported to the lead hand or supervisor.
• Promote a positive health, safety and environment culture and the Internal Responsibility
• Return completed work orders to the Lead hand Millwright.
Qualifications and Experience
• Ontario provincial or inter-provincial (Red Seal) millwright trade certificate or
equivalent. We might consider apprentice.
• 2 years’ related experience in an industrial/mining setting.
• Additional certification as a welder with the ability to interpret blueprints is an asset.
• Experience in computer-based maintenance system, and experience with Ball mills and
cone and jaw crushers is an asset.
• Demonstrated commitment to safe working practices.
• Experience working at a remote work site is an asset.
• Competitive Salary
• Extended Health & Dental Benefit
• Long-Term Disability Insurance Benefit
• Group Benefit Package
• Training and Learning Opportunities
• Camp Accommodation and Home-Made Meals.
• (NOT Fly In, Fly Out)
• 12-hour shifts
• 7 on 7 off
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only
candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed
to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.