PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, and energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
As the Electric System Operator, your duties will include:
• In conjunction with the Lead Hand Stations, Substation Operation Technician and Lead Hand Powerline Technician, perform a leading role in coordinating emergency power restoration activities and provide guidance to field staff to minimize outage scope and duration;
• Coordinate and administer Utility Work Protection and Switching Orders;
• Administer, maintain, and configure the electric SCADA System;
• Assist in development and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s);
• Maintain accurate and up to date schematics, prints and record; and
• Ability to be on-call on a scheduled basis and respond to after hour call outs.
• A post-secondary diploma in an Electrical Technology field or MEA Journeyperson Certification as a Powerline Technician or Substation Electrician;
• Must hold or the ability to acquire the MEA Electric Operator Certification;
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience on an electrical distribution system;
• Sound Leadership skills for coordination of technical staff;
• Ability to work independently and take initiative;
• Strong Oral and written communication skills;
• Strong knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards and practices;
• Ability to operate computerized systems; and
• Must hold and maintain a valid Ontario driver’s licence.
We are an equal opportunity employer
Resumes stating qualifications and experience will be accepted until 4:00pm on November 18, 2019 and may be addressed to:
PUC SERVICES INC.
500 SECOND LINE E
SAULT STE MARIE, ON P6A 6P2