PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
As the Labourer, Facilities, your duties will include:
• Provide several important services throughout the corporation including minor maintenance services, basic maintenance and repair of building and equipment, and general support in other departments throughout the organization;
• Maintain a safe working environment through cleaning of the workplace, grounds, roads, and pathways; and
• Conduct and complete activities that conform to the preventative maintenance program and manufacturer specifications.
• At minimum, a Grade Twelve Diploma;
• Post-secondary education and/or experience in the electrical or water field preferred;
• Hold and maintain a valid Ontario “DZ” driver’s licence;
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the maintenance and repair of equipment that requires basic knowledge of mechanics associated with leverage, human performance, hand and mechanical tools;
• Good communication skills;
• Exercise judgment in adjusting operational processes;
• Ability to work as part of a team and to take initiative; and
• This position also requires the ability to respond in a reasonable time to after-hour callouts when required and includes a stand-by rotation.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Resumes stating qualifications and work experience related to the selection criteria shall be submitted to Human Resources via email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position noted above.