- Performs repairs and assigned preventive maintenance services.
- Performs inspection, diagnosis and repair of electrical, hydraulic, suspension, brake and air systems on vehicles and equipment.
- Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
- Estimates time and material costs on vehicle repairs and requisitions new parts.
- Performs all work within Standard Repair Times (SRTs).
- Performs service calls for emergency breakdowns.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
- Completes required paperwork utilizing fleet maintenance software program associated with repairing vehicles, documenting parts usage, and accounting for repair times.
- Reviews, completes or assigns repairs identified on Driver Vehicle Inspection Reports.
- Performs maintenance related work as required.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in automotive/truck, light or heavy equipment maintenance and repair or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
- 310T Certifications, or proof of enrollment in Truck and Coach Program.
- Vehicle driver’s license.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
- Working knowledge of fuel, ignition, cooling, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and air brake systems.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and practices necessary while operating or repairing vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in operating tools equipment, parts and procedures utilized during the repair and servicing of vehicles and equipment.
- Skill in repair of special purpose equipment.
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
- Ability to diagnose defects in and repair a variety of equipment and vehicles.
- Ability to perform minor and moderately complex mechanical repair on a variety of equipment and vehicles.
- Knowledge of hydraulic systems and ability to read hydraulic schematic.
- Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
- Ability to utilize fleet maintenance software program.
- Knowledge of Total Tire Maintenance program.
- Ability to complete required paperwork to accurately document repairs, utilization of parts and associated repair times.
Job Type: Full-time
- Truck and Trailer: 2 years (Preferred)
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at 86 Sackville Road - M-F - 8am - 5pm