Soo Mill is the leading building materials supplier in the Algoma District with stores in Sault Ste. Marie and Elliot Lake, and a Roof Truss Manufacturing plant also located in Sault Ste. Marie.
Soo Mill & Lumber promises to Reliably Deliver Quality Products & Outstanding Customer Service through a Knowledgeable & Trusted Professional Team. We are truly dedicated to our Customers and the Communities that we reside in.
This is full time position which includes a full benefits package and pension.
Operate Soo Mill equipment safely at all times and adhere to all applicable legislative requirements. Prepare loads to be delivered, and drive the Soo Mill vehicle or boom truck to make local and out of town deliveries. Responsible to check all loads to ensure proper material is being delivered. Provide and demonstrate outstanding customer service at all times.
Reports to: Store Manager
• Extensive knowledge of building materials
• Exceptional organizational skills
• Excellent trouble-shooting/problem-solving skills
• Enjoy working with the public and customers
• Highly motivated
• Energetic with a personable style
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekends ; flexible to work after normal business hours when circumstances dictate
• Valid Fork Lift License an asset
• Valid DZ license
• 0-8 Ton Crane/Boom Operator license with proven experience
• Good driving record
JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Practice and enforce safety policies as written
• Responsible for providing prompt and courteous customer service at all times.
• Locate and select materials to be delivered and prepare loads
• Make deliveries within and outside city limits
• Other duties as assigned
• We are looking for individuals who have great organizational & time management skills, who works well independently and in a team environment and who values professional customer service.
If you would like to build your career with our company, please forward your cover letter with the position for which you are applying identified in the subject line and resume in confidence by January 25, 2019 to:
Human Resources Department
Soo Mill & Lumber Co. Ltd.
539 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste Marie, ON P6B 5A1
or by email: email@example.com
All applications are appreciated, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a criminal record search and clean drivers abstract.
Soo Mill can provide disability related accommodations during the recruitment process. Please advise if you require accommodations when contacted for interview.
539 Great Northern Road