Project Manager – in Training
Soo Mill and Lumber Company Limited
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Do you enjoy being the key point of contact and having control of your own success? Do you love working with people? Would you like to begin a career as part of an exceptional team that takes pride in providing personalized, functional, stylish spaces for clients in their homes?
Our Sales Team is growing and we are now accepting applications for a Installed Sales Associate based in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario.We are seeking an entry level position to sell renovation projects based on customer needs and budgets, which would include Interior and Exterior Renovations. Soo Mill is looking for an individual who is interested in learning with, and growing with the company. The position offers tons of training opportunities to help you succeed in your new career.
You must be willing to commit to supporting the vision and success of our Sales and Installation Department. You must be detail oriented with a passion for perfection, exceptionally organized in a fast paced environment and have the ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining an excellent level of Customer Service, building rapport, listening to customer needs, and identifying selling opportunities all the while inspiring the confidence that will result in building a long term client base. We are looking for individuals who have great organizational & time management skills, who works well independently and in a team environment and who values professional customer service. If you are interested in becoming a professional in the industry, looking for a long-term career with tons of opportunity for growth and career advancement this is the position for you!
This is a base salary for the initial training period, leading to a commission plus base compensation package. Our employees are among the best compensated professionals in our industry, including a full benefits package and an excellent pension and strong retirement package.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties:
• You will engage customers in the showroom and seek opportunities for prospective clients
• You will be required to visit sites to measure and evaluate customer needs
• You will compile accurate quotations for materials and labour for renovation projects
• You will have administrative responsibilities that include placing orders and monitoring project costs
• You will be required to communicate the scope of work to the installation team and onsite trades, contractors or builders to consistently meet deadlines, produce accurate quotes while working with minimum supervision
• Overall project coordination and executing plan to customers satisfaction
• Work constantly to upgrade and selling skills and product knowledge
• Maintain frequent communication with clients and installation team for the duration of project
• Ability to maintain a professional attitude and appearance to reflect our premium brand and provide a superior standard of service and exceptional customer experience
• Exquisite note taking and organizational skills, attention to detail and focus to work under pressure
• Eager to learn about the industry, products & willingness to continually expand knowledge
• Knowledge/interest of renovation and construction practices and building codes
• A problem solver who has the ability to devise and communicate effective solutions when required
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong computer skills
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends. Reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license are required.
If you would like to begin to build your career with our company, please forward your cover letter with the position for which you are applying identified in the subject line and resume in confidence by January 21, 2019 to:
Human Resources Officer
Soo Mill & Lumber Company Limited
539 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
or by email: email@example.com
All applications are appreciated, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a criminal record search.
Soo Mill can provide disability related accommodations during the recruitment process. Please advise if you require accommodations when contacted for interview.
539 Great Northern Road