PUC Services Inc. operates multiple utilities within and around the City of Sault Ste. Marie, including the supply and delivery of electricity and drinking water, energy services and the treatment of water and wastewater.
- A minimum of a post-secondary diploma or degree in Environmental Studies, Water Resources, Chemical Engineering or a related field of study;
- Must hold or be able to obtain a valid Waste Water Treatment Operator Certificate Level 4
- Good knowledge of and responsible experience in wastewater treatment operations, maintenance and administration;
- Sound knowledge of related legislation, codes, standards and practices;
- Sound leadership skills to motivate and direct staff;
- Ability to work independently and to take initiative;
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Based programs with sound working knowledge of other enterprise software systems; and
- Available to assume on-call for after hour emergencies on a pre-scheduled basis.
As a Supervisor, Environmental Operations the primary responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Provides support to the Manager in on-going operational, maintenance and administrative management;
- Audits activities to ensure conformity with preventative maintenance programs and/or manufacturer specifications;
- Ensures maintenance and operational procedures comply with legislative and manufacturer’s requirements as well as contractual obligations;
- Recommends and implements policies and procedures, in conjunction with other management staff, to ensure the safe and reliable operation of the department;
- Provide analyses, reports and recommendations on all aspects of operation;
- Monitors employee performance and ensures that staff obtains, maintains and retains all required licenses and certificates, as well as associated documentation;
- Ensures organized and safe storage of all relevant reports and documentation;
- Interacts with the public, external agencies and authorities, suppliers and contractors to ensure positive actions and outcomes.
We are an equal opportunity employer
RESUMES STATING QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL JULY 20, 2018 AND MAY BE ADDRESSED TO:
PUC SERVICES INC.
500 SECOND LINE E
SAULT STE MARIE, ON P6A 6P2
Fax: (705) 759-6545