PLANNER – MAJOR PROJECTS & CONSTRUCTION
ESSAR STEEL ALGOMA INC.
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario Canada
For over a century Essar Steel Algoma has a proud history and strong traditions of being an industry leading manufacturer of hot and cold rolled sheet steels in carbon and high strength low-alloy grades and we are Canada’s only plate producer. We are integral to the making of many of our modern day buildings, products and appliances. Our steel is used in construction, mining, manufacturing, automotive, shipbuilding, energy resources including renewable energy and military applications throughout North America. Today’s steel industry is rapidly evolving and so are we, bringing new products to market that our customers need for their success. We are inviting everyone who has a talent and drive for superior performance, a desire to be part of a team of steel industry professionals focused on transforming our company to continue our century long tradition of delivering high quality steel products to our customers, improving the quality of life for our community, demonstrating industry-leading environmental stewardship and providing rich and rewarding careers for our employees.
The successful candidate will report to the Project Manager - Major Projects & Construction department.
- Prepares and coordinates work estimates and job plans.
- Prepares work orders for cost approval and subsequent execution which include job scope, man-hour estimates, job schedule (timeline), practices, procedures, permits, materials, parts, and equipment/services.
- Prepares daily and weekly work order schedules with involvement of FLS.
- Co-ordinates downtime and conducts meetings related to planned work.
- Reviews and reports on the backlog of maintenance work, shop and purchase orders.
- Monitors and reconciles all aspects of work orders with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Establishes and maintains technical standards, equipment specification records and equipment/assembly BOM’s.
- Utilizes computer skills regularly (i.e. SAP), MS Project, Spreadsheets, etc).
- Effectively chairs or participates in meetings.
- Supports department goals and objectives.
- Occasionally required to direct Construction tradesmen on repair days, emergency situations and/or project requirements.
- Will be accountable for dealing with Foreign Vendors for all upcoming EPC Projects.
Core Competencies and Skills Required
- Must have a minimum three (3) year Technology diploma in a Mechanical discipline OR Certification in a Mechanical Trade AND a minimum three (3) years experience in a Maintenance or Construction environment.
- Must possess experience with various types of mechanical and structural systems.
- Must possess sound technical or related trade knowledge and be a disciplined and procedure oriented individual.
- Must be able to function effectively within a team environment, have good communication skills and be able to accept and support change.
- Must have strong organizational skills, be a self-starter and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must possess a demonstrated knowledge and commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental policies.
- A thorough knowledge of Maintenance practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of maintenance quality standards and quality systems is an asset.
- Must possess or be willing to upgrade computer skills (SAP, MS Project, Spreadsheets).
- Should possess the ability to be more analytical than judgmental.
- Should possess the ability to read and interpret, detail and produce technical drawings.
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test and be able to wear a SCBA.
- Must be comfortable working at heights.
If you meet the qualifications for this position and are committed to a challenging career with a dynamic company, in a community that offers superior quality of life, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the job title in the subject line. Accommodation is available for applicants with a disability.
To learn more about our company, please visit www.algoma.com
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position location – Sault Ste. Marie
Fulltime permanent position
Work week – 40 hours
Salary - $84,003.48 per year
Extended Health Benefits package and a Defined Contribution Pension Plan