The Group Health Centre is a progressive multi-speciality ambulatory care health care organization, and is one of Canada’s first consumer-sponsored health care facilities. As Ontario’s largest and longest-established alternatively funded healthcare organization, Group Health Centre serves over 70,000 Sault Ste. Marie and Algoma District residents.
The Trust Fund Intern will engage in fundraising projects and donor administration. The intern will have the opportunity to gain experience in a number of areas such as: fundraising event development and implementation, Trust Fund branding and strategy development and implementation, community and media relations, volunteer support, and website/social media development and content creation.
- Recent graduate (within the last 3 years) from an accredited College or University with a Degree or Diploma in Communications, Public Relations, Event Planning or Business
The Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- First time employment in field of study
- Candidates are only eligible to participate in the internship program one time
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Strong computer skills and understanding of Microsoft Office, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite an asset
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain successful positive working relationships
- Ability to provide excellent client service evidenced by strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Creative with sound judgement
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative team and work independently on assigned tasks
- Ability to be self-directed and take initiative
- Strong organization and prioritization skills; able to meet deadlines
- A strong understanding of privacy and confidentiality
- Demonstrated willingness to learn and provide support
- Monday to Friday – Business Hours
- Weekends & Holidays Off
Proudly Sponsored By:
November 16, 2021 - Please apply to email@example.com
Interested applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume indicating their qualifications for the position by November 26, 2021
Those selected for interviews will be required to demonstrate their qualifications and required skills and abilities as outlined above. Group Health Centre is committed to an application and interview process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code/AODA. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the application or interview process known in advance by contacting the Human Resources Department at 705-759- 5513
Please note the Group Health Centre is a Scent Sensitive Organization. We thank all applicants, however only those under consideration will be contacted.