Job Type: Internship - stage
In support of the Northstar`s strategic plan and the goals of the Consulting and Property Management Division, the Marketing and Communications Intern will:
1. Contributes to the development of business information and opportunity packages maintains reference and resource materials for clients use.
2. Conducts research related to business plans and project management for NSC Clients.
3. Develops communications, creative marketing programs and promotes the organization.
4. Monitors, manages and updates content for social media (Facebook, Twitter, Linked In) and in developing and updating content for the website.
5. Develops private and public sector partnerships within the community to promote our services.
6. Identifies and researches private and public sector economic development funding opportunities.
7. Builds networks with businesses, community economic development partners and agencies to identify and promote new opportunities for
Northstar Consulting Inc.
8. Provides services information clients and walk-ins directs them to appropriate staff as required.
9. Markets the services of NSC, at trade shows, events, and with community organizations.
10. Other duties as assigned, including
- Recent graduate of a post-secondary institution with a degree/diploma in business, marketing and or related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent research skills
- Demonstrated computer proficiency including common office applications and client management systems
- Working knowledge of social media applications and website development
- Strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi task
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
NOHFC CANDIDATE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Are new entrants into the work force, are transitioning to a new career, or the unemployed or underemployed who are entering a new field
- Have not previously participated in a NOHFC-funded internship
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Reside, and are legally entitled to work, in Canada.
How To Apply:
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a resume to Jnaccarato@nacinc.ca.
Please include a cover letter and resume as an attachment only and not in the body of the email.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
This opportunity is proudly sponsored by: NOHFC An Agency of the Government of Ontario
145 McNabb Street, Northstar Consulting