Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
This position is accountable for supporting accounting processes as well as the processing of accounts payable in a manner consistent with established policies and procedures.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Responsible for all accounting work associated with processing accounts payables by reviewing and verifying that all invoices match to a purchase order and/or approval and packing slips (3-way matching)
• Respond to inquiries from vendors and employees regarding payment status
• Preparation of payment run via Visa, EFT, and Cheque
• Matching of invoices to cheques and EFT remittance documents
• Review of goods received not invoiced listing and investigation of outstanding items
• Review of vendor statements and investigation of outstanding items
• Filing of vendor invoices and payment support
• Reconciliation of payable and accrual accounts monthly
• Complete invoicing of vendors for materials used in accordance with contractual agreements
• Cross-train in all critical aspects of payroll to act as backup for Payroll Coordinator
• Other duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Post-secondary education in Business Administration, Accounting, or Bookkeeping
• Prior experience working with accounts payable
• Experience with SAP
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
• Experience with working with Microsoft Office Products, including strong excel skills
• 4 days on / 3 days off
• Location: Eagle River Complex – North of Wawa, Ontario
• Meals and accommodations are provided while on shift at Eagle River
• Some travel to Sault Ste. Marie may be required
• 12 Month Contract
• Competitive salary and career advancement opportunities
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.