JOB POSTING #: 018-020-2020
POSITION Payroll Analyst – Temporary Full Time
RATE $32.53 – $39.05 hourly
JOB CODE: NS018.3
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the supervision of the Manager, performs a variety of complex accounting functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of Payroll / benefit records and payment of funds.
1. Perform a variety of accounting duties in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of payroll, salary, and benefit calculations.
2. Review pay exception reports for days/hours worked, calculate and record salary adjustments as necessary.
3. Research and analyze discrepancies and process appropriate corrections.
4. Calculate and apply garnishment(s).
5. Review payments for various benefit vendors; process payroll and benefit adjustment entries.
6. Process leave of absences payments.
7. Review, analyze and update salary and benefit projections for accuracy; calculate retroactive salary data as assigned.
8. Maintain and prepare records and reports.
9. Prepare a variety of complex payroll related reports as mandated by the Hospital, provincial, and federal regulations.
10. Create and design reports and spreadsheets; plan and monitor work production timelines to meet strict deadlines in report regulations; prepare department correspondence as needed.
11. Keep issues including sick leave, and vacation and perform appropriate action as needed.
12. Assist in the development of new procedures as needed.
13. Support and follow all standards, policies and procedures set out by the organization.
14. Maintain payroll Meditech dictionaries.
15. Other duties as assigned.
1. Diploma in Finance/Accounting
2. Three years of experience in Payroll and Accounting or equivalent.
1. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
2. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
3. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
4. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
5. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
6. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner.
7. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
8. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
1. Applicable laws, codes, regulations, standards, methods and practices related to public payroll systems and employee benefits
2. Basic accounting principles as related to payroll processing
3. Standard office practices and procedures
4. Software applications related to payroll/accounting systems
5. Principles and techniques of technical record keeping.
6. Analytical and problem solving skills to preparing and maintain complex payroll records and to reconcile differences within established payroll, benefit, retirement, and accounting systems
7. Ability to interpret, explain and comply with negotiated contracts, prescribed laws, rules, regulations, and procedures
8. Perform mathematical computations quickly and accurately
9. Set up and maintain database files; create spreadsheets and other related forms, reports and documents
10. Set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines; coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
NOTE: Internal applicants, if providing a hardcopy, please complete application form. Only those selected for testing/ interview will be contacted.
POSTED: January 13, 2020 16:00 hours to January 27, 2020, 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.