JOB POSTING #: 554-611-2019
POSITION: Financial Analyst – Full-time
JOB CODE: 3046.1
RATE: $32.53 - $39.05 hourly
Under supervision, the Financial Analyst is responsible for leading the accounts payable process as well as monitoring payments based on the company’s current cashflows. In addition, the Financial Analyst performs a variety of complex accounting Functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of liabilities and associated accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Perform a variety of accounting duties in the preparation, processing, and maintenance of the vendor accounts.
2. Research and analyze discrepancies and process appropriate corrections.
3. Maintain and prepare records and reports.
4. Prepare financial analysis utilizing financial tools, budgets, forecasts, spreadsheets and database management concepts.
5. Create and design reports and spreadsheets; plan and monitor work production timelines to meet strict deadlines in reporting regulations; preparing department correspondence as needed.
6. Review accounts payable subledger for aging and any abnormalities or discrepancies.
7. Review, analyze and update the materials management accrual on a monthly basis. Assess the reasonableness of the accrual and making the necessary corrections.
8. Close accounts payable module in Meditech on a monthly basis.
9. Prepare and file the monthly HST return.
10. Prepare monthly manual journal entries (including month end manual accrual).
11. Ensure AP batches are correctly posted to the general ledger by month end.
12. Perform monthly reconciliation of the accounts payable sub ledger to the general ledger.
13. Complete monthly bank reconciliation.
14. Assist with the preparation of year end audit and reconciliations.
15. Assist in the development of new procedures as needed.
16. Maintain accounts payable dictionaries and vendor dictionary
17. Administer Corporate Visa program
18. Maintain fixed assets and grants subledgers and reconcile quarterly to general ledger.
19. Close fixed assets module in Meditech on a monthly basis.
20. Review employee expense reports to ensure compliance with Travel and Expense Reimbursement policy.
21. Other duties as assigned.
1. University degree in Business Administration; or related field.
2. 3 years of recent experience working in an accounting environment or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Ability to work effectively and efficiently as a team member in a fast paced environment in stressful situations.
2. Ability to maintain successful working relationships with the interdisciplinary team to achieve positive patient outcomes.
3. Ability to organize time effectively to perform the duties of the position.
4. Ability to meet and interact with people in a pleasant, professional, responsible and reassuring manner. Behaviour consistent with Hospital Mission, Values and Standards of Performance.
5. Ability to read, write and communicate to perform the duties of the position. Software applications related to accounts payable and general accounting systems.
6. Sound working knowledge of accounting and financial reporting principles and procedures. Understanding of financial controls and procedures.
7. Ability to interpret, explain and comply with negotiated contracts, prescribed laws, rules, regulations, and procedures.
1. Customer service, interpersonal and telephone skills.
2. Computer literacy in a Microsoft environment.
3. Set up and maintain database files; create spreadsheets and other related forms, reports and documents.
4. Set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines; coordinate a variety of projects simultaneously. Ability to work well under
5. Analytical and problem solving skills to prepare and maintain complex accounts payable transactions and to reconcile differences within established accounting systems.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time. Only those selected for the recruitment process will be contacted.
APPLY TO: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
Posted: September 12, 2019 16:00 hours, to September 19 2019, 16:00 hours
SAH is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available in accordance with the
Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.