The Municipality of Wawa, a small friendly Northern Ontario community situated on the Trans Canada Hwy about two hours northwest of Sault Ste. Marie, Canada is seeking an individual to temporarily fill the position of Treasurer for a 6 month period with the possibility of an extension.
Reporting to the Acting Chief Administrative Officer, the Treasurer will be responsible for assisting in the proper and efficient management of the financial affairs of the Corporation according to the Municipal Act. The position oversees all functions of a financial nature such as budget preparation, property taxation and other revenues, accounts payable and receivable and payroll.
• Responsible for the property tax billing and collection processes
• Coordinate and assist with the preparation of departmental budgets
• Assist in the preparation of all year-end audit files and financial statements in order to facilitate financial audits
• Implement policies, procedures and standards for the effective and efficient operation and maintenance of departmental operations
• Responsible for the direct supervision of all finance staff
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Post-secondary degree in finance or accounting, a CA, CMA, or CGA designation or similar work experience. A combination of related education and work experience would be considered.
• A minimum of three (3) years relevant experience in municipal finance.
• A recognized municipal administration designation such as AMCT or CMO.
• A thorough knowledge of municipal computer applications (Vadim preferred) and advanced skills in Microsoft Office with emphasis on Excel.
• Possess strong management, analytical and interpersonal and communication skills.
The salary package is commensurate with experience and subject to the salary grid.
A complete position description may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources department at 705-856-2244 ext. 225 or by email as noted below.
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to submit in confidence a cover letter along with their resume no later than 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 10, 2019 to:
Competition No. 2019-01
Municipality of Wawa
P. O. Box 500, 40 Broadway Avenue
Wawa, ON P0S 1K0
or by email: email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected for the purpose of candidate selection.
40 Broadway Avenue