Reporting to the Manager of Financial Services and Corporate Reporting, the Senior Financial Analyst will plan, coordinate, prepare and assist in the execution of those processes or financial projects for the hospitals that relate to the development and execution of the operating and capital budgets, month end reporting, year end reporting, MIS compliance and education and the selection and implementation of accounting/decision support systems. The Senior Financial Analyst will prepare financial analysis utilizing spreadsheets and database management concepts. Create financial reports that can be used to monitor and evaluate the organization’s financial position, to plan future financing.
1. Developing financial and statistical reporting systems.
2. Processing financial and statistical journal entries.
3. Performing balance sheet account reconciliations.
4. Ensuring programs are MIS compliant.
5. Determining the validity of business cases by analyzing and validating all financial components, with respect to such things as free cash flow, risk analysis and net present value.
6. Assisting with monthly management decision support to ensure that data is complete, accurate, timely and maximizes hospital funding.
7. Assisting in the development of new decision support systems for internal management reporting and control purposes, budgeting and strategic planning.
8. Preparing financial analysis utilizing financial tools, budgets, forecasts, spreadsheets and database management concepts.
9. Completing external reporting requirements, including monthly, quarterly and year end audits, reports to the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care and other government agencies by preparing analysis, reports, reconciliations and financial statements or electronic data submissions.
10. Providing accessible, accurate, reliable, relevant data and benchmarking information.
11. Assisting in education as it relates to data collection, analysis and interpretation
12. Working collaboratively with end users to develop customized data formats to provide information to address specific questions.
13. Developing and maintaining internal and external contacts for the exchange of relevant information.
14. Acting as information stewards to ensure data quality, timeliness, consistency, accuracy and completeness.
1. University degree in Business Administration required; accounting or finance concentration preferred.
2. Professional accounting designation (CPA CA, CMA, CGA).
3. Minimum 3 years of recent experience in a financial analysis and reporting environment.
4. 2 years’ experience in a healthcare setting is an asset.
5. Knowledge of healthcare computer applications, OHRS User Guide and MIS Accounting Guidelines is an asset
6. Proficiency in a Microsoft environment (specifically spreadsheet, word processing applications and database applications).
7. Analytical, organizational and time-management skills in order to prioritize and meet deadlines.
8. Ability to work independently or as part of a team, think creatively, manage own time and take initiative.
9. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and superior interpersonal skills.
10. Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships with staff, patients, physicians and/or external agencies.
11. Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently as part of a team.
12. Demonstrated behaviour consistent with the hospital’s iCcare Way.
Note: Because of the changing nature of the work and work to be done, other responsibilities and duties may be assigned and qualifications may be adjusted from time to time.
APPLY INTERNALLY: Online at www.sah.on.ca/careers
POSTED: November 29, 2018, 16:00 hours to December 13, 2018, 16:00 hours