Installed Sales Associate - Kitchen/Bath Designer
Soo Mill and Lumber Company Limited
Location: Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
Do you love working with people? Do you enjoy being the key point of contact and having control of your own success? Would you like to be part of an exceptional team that takes pride in providing personalized, functional, stylish spaces for clients in their homes?
We are seeking a professional to design and sell renovation projects based on customer needs and budgets, which would include kitchens, bathrooms, laundry rooms, bars, closets and basements.
You must be willing to commit to supporting the vision and success of our kitchen, bath design and installation department. You must be detail oriented with a passion for perfection, exceptionally organized in a fast paced environment and have the ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining an excellent level of Customer Service, building rapport, listening to customer needs, and identifying selling opportunities all the while inspiring the confidence that will result in building a long term client base.
Our employees are among the best compensated professionals in our industry, including a full benefits package and pension.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties:
- you will engage customers in the showroom and seek opportunities for prospective clients
- you will be required to visit sites to measure and evaluate customer needs
- you are responsible for providing cabinet designs utilizing 20-20 Design software
- you will compile accurate quotations for materials and labour for renovation projects
- you will have administrative responsibilities that include placing orders and monitoring project costs
- you will be required to communicate the scope of work to cabinet installation team and onsite trades, contractors or builders
- to consistently meet deadlines, produce accurate quotes while working with minimum supervision
- overall project coordination and executing plan to customers satisfaction
- work constantly to upgrade design and selling skills and product knowledge
- maintain frequent communication with clients and installation team for the duration of project
- ability to maintain a professional attitude and appearance to reflect our premium brand and provide a superior standard of service and exceptional customer experience
- ability to read blueprints
- exquisite note taking and organizational skills, attention to detail and focus to work under pressure
- affinity for interior design
- technical skills and product knowledge to quote on kitchen /bath installations and countertops an asset
- knowledge of renovation and construction practices and building codes
- a problem solver who has the ability to devise and communicate effective solutions when required
- exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- strong computer skills; knowledge of 20/20 Kitchen Design System an asset
- kitchen and/or bath design experience an asset
Must be available to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends. Reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license are required.
We would welcome the opportunity to compare your qualifications against our needs and look forward to hearing from you. Please submit a cover letter and résumé by May 28, 2017 to the attention of:
Human Resources Manager
Soo Mill & Lumber Company Limited
539 Great Northern Road
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario
or email: email@example.com
All applications are appreciated, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory response from a criminal record search.