OHL Roundup: Light night of action to open weekTuesday, December 10, 2013 by: Brad Coccimiglio
A new week of action opened up on Tuesday with three games in Ontario Hockey League action.
In Kitchener, Max Domi had two goals and two assists to lead the London Knights to a 6-4 win over the Kitchener Rangers. Ryan Rupert had a goal and three assists in the win while Bo Horvat chipped in with a pair of goals. Chris Tierney had a goal and an assist for London while goaltender Anthony Stolarz stopped 34 shots for the Knights. Scott Teskey, Nick Magyar, Max Iafrate and Radek Faksa scored for Kitchener in the loss.
In Ottawa, Mitchell Vande Sompel had a goal and three assists to lead the Oshawa Generals to a 5-2 win over the Ottawa 67’s. Bradley Latour added two goals and an assist in the win. Michael Dal Colle had a goal and an assist while Scott Laughton also had a two-point night with a pair of assists in the win for the Generals. Josh Sterk had the other Oshawa goal. Dante Salituro and Travis Konecny scored for Ottawa in the loss.
In Sudbury, Dominik Kubalik had a pair of goals as the Sudbury Wolves beat the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds 4-2. Wolves goaltender Franky Palazzese made 34 saves in the win while Ray Huether set up a pair of goals. Jacob Harris and Connor Crisp also scored for the Wolves in the win. Michael Bunting had a goal and an assist for the Greyhounds while David Miller also scored in the loss. Goaltender Matt Murray stopped 31 shots for the Greyhounds.
A light day saw just four games end the week of action in the Ontario Hockey League on Sunday.
In Kingston, Connor Brown had two goals and an assist as the Erie Otters beat the Kingston Frontenacs 7-2. Spencer Abraham set up three goals for Erie while Dylan Strome, Dane Fox and Andre Burakovsky had a goal and an assist each. Adam Pelech had a two-point night as well with two assists. Connor McDavid and Travis Dermott also scored in the win. Spencer Watson and Evan McEneny scored for Kingston in the loss. Henri Ikonen and Sam Bennett assisted on both Kingston goals.
In Ottawa, Andreas Athanasiou had a goal and three assists as the Barrie Colts beat the Ottawa 67’s 7-2. Mitchell Theoret and Andrew Mangiapane added a goal and two assists each in the win while Tyson Fawcett had a pair of goals. Aaron Ekblad and Erik Bradford scored for Barrie.
In Sarnia, Zack Mitchell had a goal and two assists as the Guelph Storm beat the Sarnia Sting 7-4. Tyler Bertuzzi scored a pair of goals in the win while Robby Fabbri and Kerby Rychel had a goal and an assist each in the win. Scott Kosmachuk and Brock McGinn also scored for Guelph. Jimmy McDowell had a pair of goals for Sarnia in the loss. Nickolas Latta and Patrick White also scored for Sarnia while goaltender Taylor Dupuis stopped 42 shots in the loss.
In North Bay, Brendan O’Neill made 20 saves as the North Bay Battalion beat the Mississauga Steelheads 3-2. Ben Thomson had a goal and an assist for North Bay. Vincent Praplan and Brenden Miller also scored for the Battalion in the win. Spencer Martin made 32 saves for Mississauga while Trevor Carrick and Andrew Goldberg completed the scoring for the Steelheads.
In Oshawa, Scott Laughton and Michael Dal Colle had two goals and an assist each as the Oshawa Generals beat the Belleville Bulls 5-2. Josh Sterk added a goal and an assist in the win for the Generals. Bradley Latour and Cole Cassels chipped in with two assists each. David Tomasek and Stephen Harper completed the scoring for Belleville. Goaltender Charlie Graham stopped 35 shots for the Bulls in the loss.
REMAINING GAMES THIS WEEK
- Erie vs. Mississauga (7:00 p.m.)
- Plymouth vs. Saginaw (7:05 p.m.)
- Sault Ste. Marie vs. North Bay (7:07 p.m.)
- Niagara vs. Erie (7:00 p.m.)
- North Bay vs. Barrie (7:00 p.m.)
- Windsor vs. Peterborough (7:05 p.m.)
- Kingston vs. Niagara (7:00 p.m.)
- Sarnia vs. Plymouth (7:05 p.m.)
- Saginaw vs. Peterborough (7:11 p.m.)
- Kitchener vs. Owen Sound (7:30 p.m.)
- London vs. Guelph (7:30 p.m.)
- Mississauga vs. Barrie (7:30 p.m.)
- Ottawa vs. Belleville (7:30 p.m.)
- Sudbury vs. Oshawa (7:30 p.m.)
- Erie vs. London (7:00 p.m.)
- Belleville vs. Niagara (7:05 p.m.)
- Plymouth vs. Peterborough (7:05 p.m.)
- Sarnia vs. Kingston (7:05 p.m.)
- Sault Ste. Marie vs. Oshawa (7:07 p.m.)
- Saginaw vs. Kitchener (7:11 p.m.)
- Barrie vs. Windsor (7:30 p.m.)
- Owen Sound vs. Guelph (7:30 p.m.)
- Owen Sound vs. Windsor (2:00 p.m.)
- Sault Ste. Marie vs. Kitchener (2:00 p.m.)
- Sudbury vs. North Bay (2:00 p.m.)
- London vs. Kingston (4:00 p.m.)
- Guelph vs. Erie (6:30 p.m.)
Note: Home team listed first