OHL Roundup: Busy Thursday leads into busy weekendThursday, October 10, 2013 by: Brad Coccimiglio
A busy Thursday night around the Ontario Hockey League saw half of the league’s 20 teams in action.
In Barrie, Scott Laughton's shorthanded goal at 14:01 of the third period lifted the Oshawa Generals to a 2-1 win over the Barrie Colts. Cole Cassels also scored in the win. Kevin Labanc scored the lone goal for the Colts.
In St. Catharines, Brendan Perlini scored three times and set up two other goals as the Niagara IceDogs beat the Owen Sound Attack 7-2. Carter Verhaeghe chipped in with two goals and three assists. Luke Mercer set up three goals in the win. Jordan Maletta and Graham Knott also scored for Niagara. Jaden Lindo and Gilbert Gabor scored for Owen Sound in the loss.
In Peterborough, Brandon Devlin scored his second goal of the game at 4:06 of overtime to give the Peterborough Petes a 4-3 win over the Sudbury Wolves. Chase Hatcher and Jonatan Tanus also scored for the Petes. Dominik Kubalik scored a pair of third-period goals for the Wolves to force overtime. Mathew Campagna also scored for Sudbury while goaltender Franky Palazzese stopped 41 shots in the loss.
In Sarnia, Christian Dvorak had a goal and an assist as the London Knights beat the Sarnia Sting 4-1. Ryan Rupert, Brett Welychka and Tait Seguin also scored in the win for London. Nickolas Latta scored for Sarnia.
In Windsor, Brady Vail scored a pair of goals as the Windsor Spitfires spoiled a 41-save performance by Charlie Graham in a 4-2 win over the Belleville Bulls. Kerby Rychel added a goal and an assist while Nick Ebert also scored. Brendan Gaunce and Garret Hooey scored for the Bulls as they opened up a 2-0 lead before surrendering four unanswered goals in the loss.
REMAINING SCHEDULE THIS WEEK
- Kingston vs. Sudbury (7:00 p.m.)
- North Bay vs. Peterborough (7:00 p.m.)
- Sarnia vs. Windsor (7:05 p.m.)
- Sault Ste. Marie vs. Plymouth (7:07 p.m.)
- Kitchener vs. Erie (7:30 p.m.)
- London vs. Belleville (7:30 p.m.)
- Mississauga vs. Saginaw (7:30 p.m.)
- Ottawa vs. Guelph (7:30 p.m.)
- Oshawa vs. Barrie (7:35 p.m.)
- Erie vs. Saginaw (7:00 p.m.)
- Belleville vs. Guelph (7:05 p.m.)
- Plymouth vs. Kitchener (7:05 p.m.)
- Sault Ste. Marie vs. Windsor (7:07 p.m.)
- Barrie vs. Mississauga (7:30 p.m.)
- Owen Sound vs. North Bay (7:30 p.m.)
- Kingston vs. Guelph (2:00 p.m.)
- Ottawa vs. Sudbury (2:00 p.m.)