High school hockey roundup: Regular season draws to a closeMonday, February 11, 2013 by: Brad Coccimiglio
The high school hockey season wrapped up on Sunday night with three games on the schedule.
The lone game to have an effect on the standings was a 3-2 win by Korah over St. Basil. With the win, Korah secured second in the league standings. Jay Johnson led the offensive attack for Korah with a goal and an assist in the win. Aaron Savage and Justin Pelley also scored for Korah. Patrick LePore scored both goals for St. Basil.
Also on Sunday night, St. Mary’s picked up a 6-2 win over White Pines. James Foster and Josh Miskiw scored a pair of goals each for St. Mary’s in the win. Jake Wright added a goal and an assist in the win. Justin Elwgren also scored in the win. Sam Puddister and Nick Duplessis scored for White Pines in the loss.
The final game of the night saw CASS blank Superior Heights 5-0. Ryan Campbell picked up the shutout for CASS. Zack Junor, Bryce Campbell and Connor McDougall had a goal and an assist each in the win. Dakota Raven and Brysin Shaw also scored for CASS.
Feb. 9: CASS 2, Superior Heights 1 – Brysin Shaw assists on both CASS goals, scored by Tanner Ivison and A.J. Daniel. Colton Manchulenko scored for Superior Heights
Feb. 6: St. Mary’s 5, Korah 1 – Thomas Pratt scored a pair of goals for St. Mary’s in the win. Cody Poirier, Liam Rising and Tanner Lesage also scored for St. Mary’s. Brendon Devoe scored the lone goal for Korah.
Feb. 6: CASS 5, White Pines 2 – Connor McDougall and Brysin Shaw had a goal and an assist each for CASS. Wes Mitchell, Dakota Raven and A.J. Daniel also scored in the win. Nick Reed had a goal and an assist for White Pines. Jacob Sayers also scored.
Feb. 4: Korah 6, CASS 5 – Erik Simon had three goals, including the game winner, and two assists in the win for Korah. Aaron Savage had two goals and two assists for Korah. Jay Johnson also scored for Korah. A.J. Daniel had two goals and an assist for CASS. Hunter Puddister added a goal and two assists for CASS. Zack Junor and Connor McDougall also scored for CASS.
Feb. 4: St. Basil 5, Superior Heights 1 – Taylor Lamorie scored three times for St. Basil in the win. Patrick LePore added two goals and two assists for St. Basil. Josh Fisher set up three goals while Paolo Bruni added a pair of assists for St. Basil. Quinn Barban scored the lone goal for Superior Heights.
- St. Mary’s – 17-3-0 (34 points)
- Korah – 14-6-0 (28 points)
- St. Basil – 13-7-0 (26 points)
- CASS – 10-8-2 (22 points)
- Superior Heights – 6-13-1 (13 points)
- White Pines – 0-19-1 (one point)
- Aaron Savage (Korah) – 19 goals, 20 assists, 39 points
- Liam Rising (St. Mary’s) – 24 goals, 13 assists, 37 points
- James Foster (St. Mary’s) – 13 goals, 23 assists, 36 points
- Erik Simon (Korah) – 17 goals, 17 assists, 34 points
- Josh Fisher (St. Basil) – 14 goals, 18 assists, 32 points
Leading Goaltenders (Goals Against Average)
- Ryan Campbell (CASS) – 1.75
- Andrew Kinach (St. Mary’s) – 2.08
- Zach Quesnele (Korah) – 2.19
- Michael Chilleli (St. Basil) – 2.20
- Travis Quevillion (St. Basil) – 2.60
Other Stats Leaders
- Goals: Liam Rising (St. Mary’s) – 24
- Assists: James Foster (St. Mary’s) – 23
- Goaltender Wins: Zach Quesnele (Korah) & Nick Berlingieri (St. Mary’s) – 9
- Goaltender Losses (Fewest): Andrew Kinach (St. Mary’s) – 1 (in nine games)
- Goaltender Shutouts: Ryan Campbell (CASS), Andrew Kinach (St. Mary’s), Zach Quesnele (Korah), Michael Chilleli (St. Basil) – 3
The playoff schedule opens on Tuesday when St. Basil and White Pines meet at 3:30 p.m. at the McMeeken.